Thread: BRFPS Help

BRFPS Help

Alright Guys I need some advise. I bought the zzp boost referenced fuel pressure system (which acts like a return style fuel system, just doesnt return the fuel) and am running into a wall. I cant figure out if my problem is in the tune or mechanically somewhere else.

I first set the base pressure up to 43.5 psi like recommended from someone which I ran out of fuel fast. Other than that I have been in contact with someone else tuning this same exact system and using a 58psi base. With the 58psi base my idc look more like they did before installing this fuel system, but a little lower (good) but at random times when making a pull my car will pull fuel, not slowly run out, like just hit a wall.

So when this happens my car will loose power, but not go into limp mode, and the battery light will come on in the dash, which to me is making me wonder if its mechanical problems.

Heres a pic of the scan when it happens-

Why I dont think it is the tune is because I have gotten to redline a few times and then sometimes this happens. I dont want to cause any harm so Im going to track down the issue before more tuning.

Thanks guys.
    E-85 279.5whp/258tq

What year is your car? If it's an 05' the problem is your fuel pump. ZZP has a plastic disc that needs installed where the stock regulator is.

58psi base pressure seems to be the sweet spot.

Did you follow the other thread on css.net about this? WSFraizer had a very similar problem.

I should be getting my BRFPS soon as well.
    Last edited by csementuh; 08-31-2010 at 10:43 AM.

:: 07' Sport Red Cobalt SS/SC-TVS --> 08' Raven Black Cadillac CTS 3.6DI AWD --> 11' Summit White Chevy Avalance 1500 LT Z71 ::
    :: CDS Arms, LLC :: Class 3 Dealer :: FFL7 / SOT2 :: www.cdsarms.com :: [email protected] :: www.facebook.com/CDSArms ::

Yeah I think I figured it out.
    E-85 279.5whp/258tq

Good to hear. So what was the problem, lol?

:: 07' Sport Red Cobalt SS/SC-TVS --> 08' Raven Black Cadillac CTS 3.6DI AWD --> 11' Summit White Chevy Avalance 1500 LT Z71 ::
    :: CDS Arms, LLC :: Class 3 Dealer :: FFL7 / SOT2 :: www.cdsarms.com :: [email protected] :: www.facebook.com/CDSArms ::