Thread: 4T65e-HD

Potential Tuner

4T65e-HD

Hey i need some help with the 4T65e-HD trans. It is the trans used in the V8 Impala SS and Grand Prix GXP. Im working on an 06 GXP and i do not see a table for the desired shift time. This is causing me great pain because with the line pressures upped and a shift kit i get long shift times causing trans shutter. Any help is appreciated Thanks.

Tuner in Training
    Same issue...subscribing

i believe it takes a several key on and off cycles for the pcm to relearn the shifts again after installing a shift kit or increasing line pressure. mine was horrible after i increased the line pressure after about a week it was nice and snapy. i thought those cars came with a 4t80e trans?

Tuner in Training
    One thing I tried that works is give the transmission back some torque management so it can shift faster. Helped alot with my problem.

Potential Tuner
    I have the same problem too on my 07 Monte SS. If you increase the pressure you will get shift shutter. I have not tried it long to see if it goes away like someone else has stated in this post. I do not understand why it does not give us the parameters to change the shift time. Is this something GM built into the programming?

Potential Tuner
    Any updates to why there is not a place to change the "desired shift time"?

Tuner
    There are some basic shift time paramters shown in the Beta version of HPT. You'll have to e-mail support asking for Beta if you want it.