Thread: Is this normal for my LTFT?

Tuner in Training

Is this normal for my LTFT?

I just got my idle worked out to the point that the car will run with the MAF enabled and the car runs really well. I want to start tuning my part throttle VE table and everyone says to do so with the MAF turned off. The problem is, as soon as i disable MAF, the car won't run at all. It'll crank and then die immediately. So, is it possible to tune the VE table with the maf on? If not, what should I do to keep the car running so that I can do the part throttle stuff?

Also, in regards to the LTFT, when I logged them a few weeks ago, they were all pretty decent and while they needed some tinkering, they were all about +/- 8-10. Now, regardless of whether MAF is on or off (i kept blipping the throttle to keep it running), the LTFT are all 25 (which is the max value in the histogram).

So what gives? Are my VE tables just off that badly in two weeks time? Should I start tuning with the MAF on?

Read this to see how to properly disable your MAF so that you can tune your VE table: http://ls1tuningguide.com/tuningmanu...ons%20rev3.pdf

For idle/cruise the car will use VE, not MAF as the air model to determine how much fuel to add.
    Kenne Bell Supercharged 2003 Corvette Z06

Tuner in Training
    Will that guide work if I'm using my stock narrowbands for now? Or should I wait for all tuning until I get a WB?

If the car uses ve tables for idle/cruise, does that mean I should try to add/subtract from the idle cells in the VE table to help get it running?

You can tune idle/cruise (anywhere where the vehicle is operating at lambda=1) with the stock narrow bands by logging fuel trims. The setup is the same (how to properly disable the maf so that its running VE full time), you will just be using a different histogram.
    Kenne Bell Supercharged 2003 Corvette Z06

Tuner in Training
    Great, thanks a lot. The WB is on the way, I just want to tune as much as possible as soon as possible.

Any insight on how to keep the car running when I turn MAF off? Just adjust the VE table a bit?

Do steps 1-17 of the first section in the guide, that will help you add some fueling to the RAF and VE tables to help get you running.
    Free HP Tuners Beginners Tuning Guide

LS1 Tuning Guide
    Michigan Snowmobiler

1969 Firebird: 11.67@114 [email protected] 1/8 1.70 60 ft. EPS cam 234/246 .602.606 114+3, 6.0 LQ4, L92 heads milled 10.5:1, Ported L76 intake, ported 90mm Holley TB, 100mm MAF, FIC Custom injectors, Hooker LT, PYPES dual exhaust with an X pipe, 4L65e with all of the good parts inside, FTI 4000 RPM Stall, 12 bolt with 3.73 gears. HP Tuner tuned by me