Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 05 A4 GTO ignition off Fan problems

Tuner
    Same here. The fans have never come on with the key off.

I spent another hour today going through numerous variations of the settings - nothing.
    they just don't come on.

maybe the hpTuners team can figure something......

Tuner
    Are you adjusting the FAN Desired % vs ECT also? Since you can't make the fan come on normally till 196, I think this needs to match the Enable off ECT. If you up the 192 setting the fan comes on as soon as you start up so that's no help.

I have my IGN off Enable ECT at 196 but with the IGN off they won't stay on unless I'm at 200. My desired temp % is set to come on at 199. 192=0, 196=25, 199=91. I gather this is why it has tobe 200ish before the fan stays on with IGN off eventhough my Enable ECT IGN off is 196. To get mine to turn on earlier and maybe with the key off earlier I will set the 196 and 199 to 91...

Here are all my settings. Maybe this will be helpfull.

Do you guy's even reach temps that high? Also for some odd reason after making changes I have to drive it to check it. Idling up to temp never worked for me for testing.

Quote Originally Posted by StarCaller View Post
    I spent another hour today going through numerous variations of the settings - nothing.
    they just don't come on.

maybe the hpTuners team can figure something......
    +1 on that, It's hot here in Florida,

This has never worked for me either in my vette. Ignition goes off, fan goes off. Not sure it works on the bone stock tune either though.
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Beta is listed in centigrade. Maybe the former versions run off of it too but it was mistakenly listed as Fahrenheit. With 2.23 Beta it needs to be in centigrade and something like 196 in the bracket would be 385*F

I just set mine for 87*C ON & 82*C OFF with Desired % @ 51, 240 second run time. Havent tried it yet though.
    -SOLD- 1999 Pewter Metallic Camaro SS. LS1/M6. True Dual Full Exhaust/LS7 clutch/MGW/Lid/Poly/Self tune.
    -SOLD- 2006 Quicksilver Metallic GTO. LS2/A4. Cam/Exhaust/Stall. 11.74@116, 1.61 60ft +2,000 DA
    -SOLD- 2013 Arctic White Corvette LS3/M6. Stock. 12.5 @ 116, 2.01 60ft +2,000 DA

I've noticed that if I run hot that my fans will now stay on after the car is shut off after one of the latter betas.
    Bill Winters

I've noticed that if I run hot that my fans will now stay on after the car is shut off after one of the latter betas.
    did you change the numbers to celsius or did you just reflash it with the same settings?
    BION
    StarCaller

Same settings. 235 F. I threw the belt at the track this weekend and when I shut it down the fan kept running.
    Last edited by 5_Liter_Eater; 09-20-2010 at 01:13 PM.
    Bill Winters