Thread: rpm vs speed 6l80e

Senior Tuner

rpm vs speed 6l80e

so i was pondering this the other night.

wot shifting.

would setting the mph to zero have the tcs run only off of wot rpm. or would it just freak out and not shift.

reason i ask this is simple. im tired of fighting with the trans. the other night at the track it was hanging the 1-2 shift. would not do this on the street. why? 1 mph change. nothing more.

Tuner in Training
    I can tell you that when i did that with my 04 Silverado 4l60E it was not nice the shifting was not working any better, it actually seemed to shift too soon, like sonner then stock like a fail safe type thing.

Senior Tuner
    mph is my tune is about 6-10 mph lower than the rpm to get it shift at the desired rpm. i pretty much gave up on trying to get it exact. im not trying to do supertune on the truck as it sits. frankly, after 3 years of doing cobalts, im more or less burnt out on my own vehicle. reliability is the main concern for now.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Area47 View Post
    mph is my tune is about 6-10 mph lower than the rpm to get it shift at the desired rpm. i pretty much gave up on trying to get it exact. im not trying to do supertune on the truck as it sits. frankly, after 3 years of doing cobalts, im more or less burnt out on my own vehicle. reliability is the main concern for now.
    post a snip of your mph vs rpm wot shifts. It took me with help from someone a good 25 runs and logs to work all the bugs after I made a gear change
    Black 09 G8 GT Black 09 G8 GT RPM tuned, Baby cam, Vararam, Kooks LTH, Stock muffs, Circle D stall, RPM ported TB and Intake, UDP, PCM for less trans cooler,BMR toe rods trailing arms and diff bushings, First G8 GT with a Camaro 3.45 diff swap(as far as I know)421whp 384wtq [email protected] pre gear swap

I just posted this in another thread. You'll get a bog on the shifts if you use paddle mode during the burnout. Once you use paddles, you MUST shift the selector all the way through reverse and back to auto. I don't know why, only that it works. Now we just do burnouts in auto and not worry about it.

2007 3LT Z51 A6 Coupe, Kooks Headers, NPP Exhaust, Vararam, Ported Intake & TB, TBS, 160*Stat,
    B&M Trans Cooler, HPtuners, Line-Lock, Racemesh, Z06 Rear Guards
    Best 1/4 ET: 11.87 @ 120.02
    1998 Convertible - Car used in the filming of "Mr Deeds". SOLD