Thread: 2008 Silvy 4.3 E37 ECM Tire Calibration HELP

2008 Silvy 4.3 E37 ECM Tire Calibration HELP

So, I have a friend with a 2008 Silverado 4.3 auto and we were finally able to access the E37 ECM with success. The only problem i'm having is the fact that I cannot calibrate the tire size in the Gear/Tire Calculator. I'm attaching the file, hopefully someone can help me out. I've never actually had to manually calc out the vss pulses and mile, so if anyone could help me out to calibrate 35" tires w/ 4.56 gears I would appreciate it. Or at least help with a thread link to help do it myself. And with this newest beta version, things seem a little different.
    2004 Sierra, 5.3L, K&N, TB Bypass, HP Tuners, FLT 4l80/Yank PT3200/SE Conversion, Dynatech LT's, LS1 Fans, 3:73's, HID's in Headlights/Fogs, 22" Velocity Wheels.
    http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2492197

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by gmforlife View Post
    So, I have a friend with a 2008 Silverado 4.3 auto and we were finally able to access the E37 ECM with success. The only problem i'm having is the fact that I cannot calibrate the tire size in the Gear/Tire Calculator. I'm attaching the file, hopefully someone can help me out. I've never actually had to manually calc out the vss pulses and mile, so if anyone could help me out to calibrate 35" tires w/ 4.56 gears I would appreciate it. Or at least help with a thread link to help do it myself. And with this newest beta version, things seem a little different.
    What gear/tire was on it previously?
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    looks like a couple of the speedo tables might be addressed incorrectly as well, please send support an email regarding this so we can take care of that next week if you don't mind.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    looks like a couple of the speedo tables might be addressed incorrectly as well, please send support an email regarding this so we can take care of that next week if you don't mind.
    Yah I was kind of confused looking at some of those tables. I will send the e-mail in right away, do you need this .hpt file attached, or just with the addressed issue?
    2004 Sierra, 5.3L, K&N, TB Bypass, HP Tuners, FLT 4l80/Yank PT3200/SE Conversion, Dynatech LT's, LS1 Fans, 3:73's, HID's in Headlights/Fogs, 22" Velocity Wheels.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    What gear/tire was on it previously?
    Mmmm, not quite sure. I don't know what came on it stock, I would imagine pretty damn small. BTW, that file that is attached is completely stock, didn't know if you knew that. Yah it's weird how some of those things are labeled, anyway, thanks for the help.

Bill, any word on the table issues? Also, can anyone help me with modifying those tables to accompdate 35" tires?

Potential Tuner
    I have the same issue but I think i did it right.. 2010 with beta software, I had 245/70/17 on my work truck. if it is WT or or LT1 you probably had the same size tires.
    I just put in the old size 30.05 and new size 32.09 for

Quote Originally Posted by 2010SilveradoV6 View Post
    I have the same issue but I think i did it right.. 2010 with beta software, I had 245/70/17 on my work truck. if it is WT or or LT1 you probably had the same size tires.
    I just put in the old size 30.05 and new size 32.09 for
    I just got another beta update, but I don't know if it's going to address my issue. I cannot seem to change the tire size in the calculator. Would anyone be able to help me out in the attached file to calibrate for a large 35" tire?

there's a bug in the speedo definition file, i have our engineers fixing it.

Chris...
    I count sheep in hex...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris@HPTuners View Post
    there's a bug in the speedo definition file, i have our engineers fixing it.

Chris...
    So when the bug gets fixed I can use the tire calculator to calibrate tire size? Any idea when this will be fixed? Sorry to ask for a timeline.

it has been fixed and will be in the next beta, please email support so Bill can advise you when it is available.
    I count sheep in hex...

I was able to calibrate tire/gear ratio's, actually saw the changes made to vss's, but speedo still seemed really far off, even when I went to a bigger tire and a smaller tire than what was on the truck. I think it fixed the abs light being on though. Thanks to everyone at HPTuners with helping me out on the E37 support, thanks again Bill. You guys are great!!!