Thread: 2006 monte carlo 3.9 liter v6

Potential Tuner

2006 monte carlo 3.9 liter v6

i'm new to the tuning scene how do i tune my monte carlo to get the most performance and horse power i know the car isn't a super sport but i would like for it to run like one any and all help will help i've never done this before but i heard the hp tuners would do what i wanted and more . thanks for your replies....

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Start slow by disabling/moving up the speed limiters/rev limiters to where you want, modifying for new gear/tire sizes, fan temp turn ons, etc. Then move on to the big stuff like timing & fueling and just take little steps.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    there is a lot of great information to help you start understanding what to do in the help files ,demo's ,and stickys.

look at the top of the forum categories to find them ,especially in your case the top of this v6 section and the getting started section .

it seems overwhelming at first but take it in chunks that dont overwhelm you and every time you study things will start to get clearer
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)

Potential Tuner

2006 mone carlo

thank you for your replies i will do my best and learn this machine and study it all i can, one more question will the stanard hp tuner for gm vehicles do what i would like for it to do and what is the difference between the pro tuner and the standard i know the cost is higher for the pro . and is this tuner capable of making money this is my hobby after work to make extra money for my family i have friends who go 30 miles away to have people tune there cars and trucks and pay $800.00 and more for a tune i dont want to rip people off i would like to make extra money if i can get good enough with this machine and learn all the ends and out .. and again thanks for your replies every little thing helps ....

Advanced Tuner
    the pro has the capability of standalone datalogging with some platforms but the biggest thing is it has inputs to hook up things like a wideband ,egt sensor ,etc.. anything that can put out a 0-5v signal and insert the data from these outside sensors in real time in your scans.
    PB's 1/4 mi 12.21 117.75 trap ,1/8 mi. 7.779 93.99trap , 1.949 short time (FWD W body)