Thread: 1969 5.3 Swap

Potential Tuner

1969 5.3 Swap

Just finished a swap with 69 Camaro. 5.3 4L60E swap. Got to the tuning part. Wideband hooked up and car idles at and drives at 10.5AFR. Car responds to PE @ WOT. Computer is bone stock 99 SS 6 speed flashed to an 01 SS auto. Any suggestions?

email support at hptuners.com your tune and request a manual to auto transmission segment swap
    Last edited by Google; 10-29-2010 at 01:28 PM.
    We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Potential Tuner
    The "segment swap" is already done. I took an 01 SS Auto computer and did a write entire on the 99 z28 6 speed. The transmission shifts. Everything is perfect. Its just the idle and driving is at 10.5 AFR. WOT it jumps to 13.0. Stoich is set at 14.6XXX. Also the misfire detection doesnt read. Is that an effect of an aftermarket harness?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticPerf View Post
    The "segment swap" is already done. I took an 01 SS Auto computer and did a write entire on the 99 z28 6 speed. The transmission shifts. Everything is perfect. Its just the idle and driving is at 10.5 AFR. WOT it jumps to 13.0. Stoich is set at 14.6XXX. Also the misfire detection doesnt read. Is that an effect of an aftermarket harness?
    Thanks

you posted this in the wrong section gm v8 trans tuning.. put it in open loop sd and tune the ve table. fail the maf if your using it.
    We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Potential Tuner
    I wasnt asking about a trans question tho. But thanks for your quick reply. Owner of car put 5.3 truck maf 5 prong instead of ls1 maf 3 prong. did some finagaling and got it up to 14.1 AFR idle. Better but not perfect.