Thread: How Low can I make a A4 Idle with a 244 248 Cam?

Tuner

How Low can I make a A4 Idle with a 244 248 Cam?

I was wondering if I should shoot for a lower Idle,I have A4 Trans with 3800 Verter and a 244 248 @ .05 cam not sure about other specs.My Dyno Tuner has it at a 1000 Idle do you guys think I can lower the Idle?
    1999 Camaro SS Full Weight No Diet
    H/C Motor Powered by MTI,Kooks Exaust,RC Trans&Gear Drive Train and Yanked!best run [email protected] on a 2.03 60'Mustang Dynoed 415 RWHP & 380 RWTQ Thru a 12 Bolt Moser and Full Exaust!My Latest Mod HP Tuners and Its the most fun and useful mod yet New Motor V.R.E.408 Stroker ,Mustang Dynoed 498RWHP thru full exaust ,12 Bolt Moser(3.73) and Yank SS4000 Verter...

if you can make it idle lower and it be stable then yes IMHO as low as you can while still not dieing or stalling on you..
    We Can Fix Your Bricked PCM Or Your YYYYYY OS ID

Tuner
    I am going to try to make it Idle lower as well ,Them maybe it won't go so deep in the map ,It doesn't go as deep into the map when warmed up to operating Temp.My thought is because it Idles so high puts alot more load on it when cold maybe the park to Drive transition won't be so harsh?
    H/C Motor Powered by MTI,Kooks Exaust,RC Trans&Gear Drive Train and Yanked!best run [email protected] on a 2.03 60'Mustang Dynoed 415 RWHP & 380 RWTQ Thru a 12 Bolt Moser and Full Exaust!My Latest Mod HP Tuners and Its the most fun and useful mod yet New Motor V.R.E.408 Stroker ,Mustang Dynoed 498RWHP thru full exaust ,12 Bolt Moser(3.73) and Yank SS4000 Verter...

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Mouse View Post
    I am going to try to make it Idle lower as well ,Them maybe it won't go so deep in the map ,It doesn't go as deep into the map when warmed up to operating Temp.My thought is because it Idles so high puts alot more load on it when cold maybe the park to Drive transition won't be so harsh?

that sounds like an airflow issue more then anything..

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Google View Post
    that sounds like an airflow issue more then anything..
    Yeah I know ,thats why Im trying the TB adjustment screw.My IAC counts are almost maxed when cold

fine a shop with a tig welder.. and have them fill the hole slowly.. eg; don't get the aluminum hot.. have them fill the hole.. then you can drill a smaller hole and set your tps to .55-.60 and adjust the effective area as needed.. should only be 5-10 bucks to weld it..

I weld them all the time for people..

Tuner
    I Have a TPIS 90 mm TB with no hole in blade.

post a log with iac position, dynamic , desired, ltit, stit, afr or trims.