Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: wideband question

question: does the NGK / AFX Wideband have software so you can make any changes like Innovate LC1 has? I have read somewhere that this is important.

I have LM-1 and I get about 1 yr or little more out of a O2 sensor. I just turn it on after I start my car with no issues here! If my car is running my LM-1 is on. If i need a sensor I just go to my NAPA store and get another one!

Fastest A4 Coupe Bolt On's
    11.33 @ 119.84 mph OLSD Tune

Tuning done by www.GearsAreUs.com

Tuner in Training
    Ok, I am new to the tuning picture here also. I want to tweak the tune on my car and I am a bit confused on the wide band usage / hook up.

I understand the open loop tuning concept with ignoring the O2 sensor but Do you just monitor a seperate O2 readout, like LM-1 or does it need to talk to the HPtuners as you monitor / record data via wiring it to the hPtuners?

New and confused :-O
    Thanks, Dave

From what I have read, You should ignore the actual LM-1 box reading and mainly focus on what HP tuners is receiving. Now getting the wideband set up correctly in HP tuners is another story. Read Read Read. I am still new at tuning also, getting straight information on this forum or from any forum that matter is difficult.

Tuner in Training
    The LC1 has two outputs. One is widband and the other is narrow band. I just replaced my OEM one with the LC1 and put the GM plug on the narrowband side. It then just plugs into the OEM wire harness. You can leave them in all the time. The sensor that is used with the LC1 is simply a stock Volkswagon sensor. You can get it at any auto store much cheaper than from innovate. It is made to be left in all the time.

Reb

I have a PLX (Bosch sensor) wideband installed permanently. Initially, I set it up to simulate the narrowband signal back to the PCM for closed-loop operation, but I have since switched to full time open-loop running e85. I have had this sensor running full time for a couple years now, probably close to 30,000 miles.

2000 Regal GS | Twin-Charged T72 | HPT Pro + PLX Wideband | 12.55 @ 110 on 15psi | Now running 20psi on E85!

1998 5.9L Durango | Powerdyne supercharger @6psi | Mesa Headers | Gibson Cat-back | 1.7 RR's | Tuned PCM | Ported Heads | Custom TB & Intake | Custom fuel rails | Rebuild coming soon...

The NGK doesn't come with software to change stoich afr or afr/volt ranges. With the NGK it's really not needed because the range is nearly perfect as it is and when logging the voltage output of the NGK through HPT it is fully configureable through the software. I have made an excel spreadsheet to get your readings to show acurately in HPT so you don't have to worry about what the display is reading.

***EDIT***
    Added the spreadsheet to setup the analog outputs in HPT Scanner.
    Last edited by LSxpwrdZ; 01-06-2011 at 10:49 PM.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Potential Tuner
    we purchased the zeitronix and so far it seems to work well. we have been using it to tune non efi cars. we usually weld a bung in the exh and plug it when we are done. sometimes customer may want to add an afr to their gauge pkg later.