Thread: Lean spike then rich spike

Tuner in Training

Lean spike then rich spike

I have a 97 Chevy Truck that I did the 0411 PCM swap on and I have been working on the tune for it. The engine is a Vortec 454 with a mild cam (224/224 @.050 .483/.483 115 LSA), Shorty Headers and a 3.5" single exhaust. I have been trying to figure out a lean spike/ rich spike that I am getting anytime during mild acceleration. It seems that when the PCM sees 76 KPA MAP then about 1 to 2 seconds later the AFR goes lean for about a half of a second and after then MAP drops below 70 KPA it goes rich for about half of a second. I tried some minor adjustments to the fuel to wall and fuel boiling time tables and it nothing changed. When the Lean spike occurs I can feel a big hesitation the truck when driving. I have also verified that the lean spike is there from the narrow bands dropping voltage when it occurs. Here is the tune and log. The two places in the log where the lean spike is most prevalent are at frames 885-960 and 2650-2675. Thanks for any help on this.
    1997 Chevrolet K2500 ECSB L29/4L80, Mid-length Headers, Cat-delete, Custom Catback, Airlift Airbags, 0411 PCM Swap.

2004 Pontiac GTO M6 Ported Dart 225s, SI5 cam, Ported FAST 90, SLP LTs, Bassani catback, Pedders Track Coilover, GMM Ripshift, Spec 3. Numbers to come...

Tuner in Training
    Update: I tried making some more adjustments to the transient fueling tables and still nothing seems to help the issue. I even went as far as to set the transient fuel qualifications way outside of anything the PCM would see during operation and the lean and rich spike was still there. I am thinking that the problem is somewhere else.

Tuner
    exact same problem i am having. Did you ever find a fix for this?