Thread: KR out of boost

Advanced Tuner

KR out of boost

I've been getting KR lately, can't figure out where its coming from. Happens in vacuum, often during the transition into boost. Tune isn't spot on, its definitely a work in progress...but KR out of boost in RPM/load situations is a little unsettling. Input would be much appreciated

Smoke show you need to zero all your burst knock tables. They are under spark control> spark retard zero everything burst knock is not needed its simply the computer saying I think the engine may knock and pulling timing before it ever does. Also if this doesnt take care of it on the same page you have knock retard decay (double this table) then find base attack directly under it and cut it in 1/2. This is like eliminating false alarms. I didnt see it as BK but you can get rid of it anyway.

Also in the scanner you should scan every single pid in the timing advance and retard tabs this will help you cach it ie PE,IAT,BASE,COOLANT,AFR you will catch it this way my truck done the same thing but much worse the two above suggestions fixed mine . Good luck