Thread: e37 pcm 42s wont start

Advanced Tuner

e37 pcm 42s wont start

so i've tuned a few thigns but i cant get this one to start. the pcm is a bit different but im not sure what im doing wrong.

attached is the tune file and theres no log cuz it wont

using gm cobalt supercharged stage 2 injectors from stock..

attached is both file

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Runs on the stock tune? I've seen LS1's run on 48lb injectors on the stock 28lb tune so if it doesn't start on the stock tune its likely not a tuning issue.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    sorry i was writing that quick i shoudl have been specific...

here's the story.

this guy brings in his 2008 cobalt to my buddy's performance shop, some retards at another tuning company said they could tune it, screwed up the ecm, which i got some help from support this morning on it and i had the dealer flash it back to stock so i can start from scratch. The car has an eaton m62 on it and using gm stage 2 (from cobaltss) 42# injectors. I never had the car running as its been sitting for some time waiting for support which is now available by beta. Today i went to scale the injectors to find that the flowrate vs kpa table is flowrate vs delta pressure? Im not used to this so i tried my best to get it to alteast start on the injectors. I would put the stock injectors on but they used pigtails and spliced into the stock harness so there would be some work involved in this. So i scaled the injectors how i believe they should have been, it sounded like the motor was being flooded so i took out 5% each time and it seems to be getting better only its catching for a second and cutting out. I am actually frustrated that i spent a few hours with no real results at this point. Im used to tuning my e67 pcm which is totally different, maybe not totally, but a fair bit. I just dont understand why it wont start, or maybe im missing something that im just not seeing? all the sensors and whatnots seem to be in perfect functioning order and have been tested. I feel confused like when i first started tuning, but i've tuned about 4 different pcm's now and this is just annoying me.

Advanced Tuner
    i even tried starting it on the stock file with the larger injectors in it with no luck, i figure it would just run like pig rich shit but atleast run.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    yeah likely not a tuning issue.

Advanced Tuner
    crap... if its not... im gonna get pissed lol...

atleast if you look at the modded file.. am i on the right track for injector scaling in this pcm?

Advanced Tuner
    I'd start by making sure the fuel injector were spliced into the harness right. If theres any crimp connectors in there I suggest you take them out.
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!

Advanced Tuner
    yea i never checked those myself, they looked very neatly wrapped up lol probably to hide the uglyness underneath it. im going to have them pull the injectors and crank to see if the injectors are actually spraying fuel. i should have charged these guys more money. im going to if there was a wiring or mechanical issue

Advanced Tuner
    Please disregard this thread. It turns out the tune i made works fine and car runs. This morning i had them check the rail pressure and injectors again. Turns out there must have been some air pockets or something else going on that we're not really sure about. After they tested the injectors and rail pressure, they tried to fire up the car and it runs fine. Now im just going to make them feel really really really bad for making me even consider that i did something wrong.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    been there myself man lol

Advanced Tuner
    im sure you have lol, but thanks for making me aware that im not the only one lol

Advanced Tuner
    crap... so back to not starting.. and i think it is my fault this time cuz i checked that it ran before i wrote the next file... for some reason the map offset table is zerod

Advanced Tuner
    update : the car runs.. then went into reduced power mode, map codes, and now not wanting to start.... go figure..... all this after i took it for a decent test drive and now nothing

Advanced Tuner
    awesome... car runs mint... had some more wiring issues and 5v reference problems... fixed and only thing left is a faulty map sensor throwing p0068 for correlation