Thread: Turbocharged 2.2L LT Cobalt

Turbocharged 2.2L LT Cobalt

Just looking to beat a dead horse but is there any way of getting my hands on a suite for my 2006 2.2L turbocharged cobalt? I'm currently running the TFT tuning solution and it works, but I built and turbocharged my car and I have to sit back and wait for someone else to tune it when they have the time. I don't care for this feelings and it gets worse with every logging session. I got money in hand, can I get a tune?

Advanced Tuner
    judging by your name i'm not sure why you're wasting time beating a dead horse when you could be spanking your monkey?

my bad, i know its my first post but this back and forth tuning thing was worn thin. I need something more then getting overly rich tunes and no real info on how my car is behaving.

Has anyone ever just thought about swapping pcms out of a 07 up for the 06 and under 2.2? Maybe even try loading up the opperating software on it?

Advanced Tuner
    I honestly cant think of any major difference in the 2.2's between 06 besides that some of the later in the year ones have a different intake cam. Oh did they switch to coil on plug from wasted spark that year?
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!

Advanced Tuner
    Q, can you grab me a picture of your ECM plugs? Wondering if we could try something here. I'll PM you details on GMSC.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
    I honestly cant think of any major difference in the 2.2's between 06 besides that some of the later in the year ones have a different intake cam. Oh did they switch to coil on plug from wasted spark that year?
    The newer ones have VVT.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mkriebs View Post
    The newer ones have VVT.
    But those are LAP's and not L61's.
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Leafy View Post
    But those are LAP's and not L61's.
    I misread, thought you were speaking of 06 vs newer models, rather than early 06 vs latter 06.

07+ L61s are much different than 06 and under L61s. Bill and Chris at HPT have been kicking ass lately for the ecotec community, maybe they will decide to be awesome and help the guys that really need it out. The 07+ L61 stuff is great, now if only the 05-06s had some options.... And Q, if they decided to get something done on this, id be more than happy to hook u up with a ballin ass tune.

Advanced Tuner
    Out w2 could just use ls2 edit...

Quote Originally Posted by mkriebs View Post
    Out w2 could just use ls2 edit...
    $$$$$$$$$, but ya gotta pay to play

Advanced Tuner
    Lol idk how that's $$$? Costs the same as an hpt tune