Thread: What do I need to make this work?

Exclamation What do I need to make this work?

I have a spare computer out of an 04 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD. So it is programmed for a 6.0 and a 4L80e. I am wanting to put it in a 1999 Camaro with a 6.0 and 4L60. What do I need to do to get this to work in my car? Someone told me a segment swap. Others just said that you can tune it reguardless. Just needing some verification. Thanks guys.

Senior Tuner
    You need to flash an f-body calibration (1999-2002) to work properly. You could plug and play it and turn off all non-needed DTC codes, but it may not "talk" properly with other modules (BCM).

Correction: ensure the 2004 ECM is not a red/green connector setup as it will not plug into the Fbody harness. That is a red/blue setup

Ok. I didn't think about the red/green red/blue. Do I need to take it to the dealership to have the flash done? Or can I do it here?

flashing a non 99 OS into the PCM will make the BCM flash the service vehicle lamp (not the CEL).
    AkNovaMan
    '99 Jaguar XJ8 turbocharged 6.0L 4L80e
    '99 B4C Police Camaro '96 9C1 Police Caprice

Actually the computer is off of an 01 6.0. Sorry. I sold the other computer. Not sure why. The computer is a red/blue. What is needed now?

Car is mostly a drag car. Very little street. Just weekend fun. Not worried about any lights. I will probably just tape them anyway. Can I flash it?

Senior Tuner
    It won't throw any Service Vehicle lights due to BCM/OS incompatability, never seen it personally.

Just flash it to a 1999-2002 fbody calibration. You will need to license the 2001 truck and (if you don't already have it) the fbody calibration.

Ok. Got it running just a few seconds ago. Now I need the segment swap. Anyone have a 12208322 OS with a 4L60e? I need one to send in for the swap.

You don't need a segement swap... just flash an Auto Fbody tune to the PCM and it will work like normal. The PCM is physically the same as the the original Fbody PCM, the calibration is the only difference.
    James Short - [email protected]
    Located in Central Kentucky
    ShorTuning
    2020 Camaro 2SS | BTR 230 | GPI CNC Heads | MSD Intake | Rotofab | 2" LT's | Flex Fuel | 638rwhp / 540rwtq
    2002 Camaro | LSX 427 | CID LS7's | Twin GT5088's | Haltech Nexus R5 | RPM TH400

Quote Originally Posted by LSxpwrdZ View Post
    You don't need a segement swap... just flash an Auto Fbody tune to the PCM and it will work like normal. The PCM is physically the same as the the original Fbody PCM, the calibration is the only difference.
    How do I "flash" a tune? Go to the dealership?