Thread: VCM Scanner IMAP scaling / offset issue?

Potential Tuner

VCM Scanner IMAP scaling / offset issue?

Logged traces on a largely stock calibration. Compared intake manifold absolute pressure trace to a calculated trace based on a map lookup of desired boost + barometric pressure, EGR on. Traces do not align...checked closed loop boost enablement fuel and maximum vane position limit. Anyone else seen this issue?

Aaron.

Potential Tuner
    Seems that I was fooled by the nomenclature on these maps. Seems "Desired boost low - EGR on" is the map for the barometric pressures we see in Illinois (95 - 100kPa). Guess I was fooled by the "boost" (I assumed gauge pressure) and "low barometric pressure" descriptions (apparently this means low altitude).

Are all of the "LOW" maps actually for low altitude and not "low barometric pressure"? Looking into the fuel control timing advance tables for coolant temperature, these are listed as "low altitude".

Can anyone confirm?

Yes you are correct. Also, check the description of the table in the bottom of the window, and it should tell you low barometric pressure for anything that says "low"
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun