Thread: Is it possable to edit EFI live tune files, or convert them then email the files?

Advanced Tuner

Is it possable to edit EFI live tune files, or convert them then email the files?

My friend tuned his truck with EFI live and wants to turn off PO103 and P068 he cant do that with EFI live. Can he email me his EFI live file and than can I convert it to .hpt , than use two of my credits and edit the PO103 and P068, then save it, convert it back to EFI live, and email it back to him?

Well I am on this subject is it possible to have mail order tuning done with HPT? Another friend has a truck tunes with HPT I can few his tune, but I can't make changes unless I use one of my credits, any way around this?

No... That's to editing the efi live "file". You can make changes to his PCM but you will have to license the VIN/OS like any other tune.

As for mail order tuning... Yes you can... But you will need to have the ECU and a bench harness. If you are not using the original ECU it will be a credit eater if you have to change vins. That's what it looks like to me anyway. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

A way around licensing an ECU that was tuned with another HPT cable... Not that I know of. Your cable/dongle will also need to be licensed, so it will cost you credits.

Let me know if you want to build a bench harness. I have a couple built for different style ecu's... Since I started doing LSx conversions.
    2014 Silverado 5.3 - New Mod Template

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    My friend tuned his truck with EFI live and wants to turn off PO103 and P068 he cant do that with EFI live. Can he email me his EFI live file and than can I convert it to .hpt , than use two of my credits and edit the PO103 and P068, then save it, convert it back to EFI live, and email it back to him?
    Unfortunately not, you would need to read his pcm with your hardware/software license the file & edit it.

Well I am on this subject is it possible to have mail order tuning done with HPT? Another friend has a truck tunes with HPT I can few his tune, but I can't make changes unless I use one of my credits, any way around this?
    Unfortunately not, if you want to edit/save someones file you must have a license for .
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    ok thanks guys, he just bought HP tuners!! Should have bought it in the first place instead of EFI Live!!

Tuner
    You can turn off both those codes with EFI Live if you do it correctly. What year truck is it? I just looked at several truck tunes I have with both EFI & HPT and didn't see anything different regarding those two codes.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by minytrker View Post
    You can turn off both those codes with EFI Live if you do it correctly. What year truck is it? I just looked at several truck tunes I have with both EFI & HPT and didn't see anything different regarding those two codes.
    I know I told him the same thing I downloaded a demo version of EFI Live, and it let me change those to x no error reported?? However someone said that EFi live doesn't stop the computer from checking them so they still effect the computer, as opposed to Hp tuners turns it of, and the computer no longer looks at the associated tables is this true?

Tuner
    IF you go under processing enablers and set it to "X" not reported as far as I know the pcm doesn't look for or use that data just like HPT. I have copies of many of the same tunes I have done in both HPT and EFI and they both look and run the same so I am pretty sure they both cut off DTC's the same way.

Advanced Tuner
    If you can know how to control a laptop remotely then you can do it. I've done it once or twice for some of my friends in FL. logged onto their laptop with mine and with their tune open, i made the changes and saved, he uploaded, then ran a scan and went out for a drive then came back, we reconnected and i made the final changes. got to love technology.

-Carl

I'm just curious what your goal is by turning off the P103 and P0068 code. The P103 code set to non-error reporting will turn the maf back on in a situation where you're likely getting the code because you want it off. Getting a P0068 commonly just means something isn't tuned right or you wouldn't be getting that code. These are two codes that would make no sense to get rid of.

Advanced Tuner
    Im with Zippy on this one, the only reason Ive ever seen to turn off P0068 is for the P10 LL8 PCM if you're trying to boost it. Anything over 1 Bar of pressure and the PCM flips out, REP mode, and 2nd gear. Supposedly turning this param off fixes the issue, but I dont have HPT so I cant check.

First off, what truck/PCM is your friend trying to tune?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Im with Zippy on this one, the only reason Ive ever seen to turn off P0068 is for the P10 LL8 PCM if you're trying to boost it. Anything over 1 Bar of pressure and the PCM flips out, REP mode, and 2nd gear. Supposedly turning this param off fixes the issue, but I dont have HPT so I cant check.

First off, what truck/PCM is your friend trying to tune?
    He is tuning 2004 colorado 3.5 litre 4 cylender, with a large turbo setup. PCM flips out under boost goes into REP mode. Is this a P10 PCM? I know they are called the Atlas series computers?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 04colyZQ8 View Post
    He is tuning 2004 colorado 3.5 litre 4 cylender, with a large turbo setup. PCM flips out under boost goes into REP mode. Is this a P10 PCM? I know they are called the Atlas series computers?
    Ah ok, I know you had a 04 Coly, didnt realize his was the same.

You both have P12 PCMs, I dont have HPT so I cant look at your file and suggest changes.

What are the codes when it goes into REP mode, Im pretty sure one will be P0068. Look for it in the diagnostics section (EFILive doesnt have it there, wish they did). Im pretty sure to tune it properly he's going to need to scale the MAF and have it run mostly off the MAF. No 2Bar OS exists for the P12 (except for the Cobalt SS s/c but it doesnt have any auto trans support), so it has to be tricked into working correctly.

Another option would be to half all the tables and fake a 2 bar like some 4cyl guys on here do. Use a 2 Bar MAP sensor but dont rescale the tables in the PCM so the PCM reads half of whats actually going on.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Ah ok, I know you had a 04 Coly, didnt realize his was the same.

You both have P12 PCMs, I dont have HPT so I cant look at your file and suggest changes.

What are the codes when it goes into REP mode, Im pretty sure one will be P0068. Look for it in the diagnostics section (EFILive doesnt have it there, wish they did). Im pretty sure to tune it properly he's going to need to scale the MAF and have it run mostly off the MAF. No 2Bar OS exists for the P12 (except for the Cobalt SS s/c but it doesnt have any auto trans support), so it has to be tricked into working correctly.

Another option would be to half all the tables and fake a 2 bar like some 4cyl guys on here do. Use a 2 Bar MAP sensor but dont rescale the tables in the PCM so the PCM reads half of whats actually going on.

OK thanks great info I will pass it on to him!