Thread: 06 Chevy Colorado I4 tuning help???????

Potential Tuner

06 Chevy Colorado I4 tuning help???????

Hello everybody, I had a question. Last week a guy who does tunning, tune my truck, he used hpt, and he told me that there were nothing much to work with my truck because it was a 4 cilinder and he told me that he only configure the rev limiters, the shift points, and the speed limiter. i want to know if there is nothing else, or the guy don't know what is he doing and there is something more that can be done? Thank you. any help would be appreciated.

Potential Tuner
    yes this person .. indianapolis ....mikenorrismotorsport.com or 407-616-2518
    [email protected]

I'm proudly a successfull stalker of an honor roll student!
    Although this sounds more like your tuners opinion, which I'd hate to say is "wrong" by any means... I'm 99.9% positive there are more than just 3 things HP tuners can change on your vehicle. Please think of this as another option: You seem resourcefull and smart enough to even consider buying HPT yourself. Learning this software is actually pretty fun and rewarding, (not to mention great support) and you could start with the 3 parameters your tuner was only willing to change. They are fairly simple to understand and a great place for a beginner to start. After you learn more, move on to timing or shifting firmness and so on. I know money doesn't grow on trees, but in my opinoin it's totally worth it. After time (and learning) you could tune other cars making some money and who knows, mabey your current "tuner" will start calling up you for tuning advice someday. Just food for thought.