Thread: Tuning out Tq management on a G8 GT

Tuner in Training

Tuning out Tq management on a G8 GT

Hello guys,
    Like the title suggests, I'm trying to remove or at least tune it back so its much less intrusive.

I believe I have it figured out as per my search's here, but a Y/N from the experienced here would make me far more comfortable before making changes to the car itself.

from what I read you need to turn the Engine> tip in limit> ETC limit to None (however it appears to be set to that from stock
    then set in Transmission TqMgt all fields in Tip-in TqMgt, Flare TqMgt, Limit TqMgt should be set to None.
    And Cut all cold multiplier fields by 50%

Nut sure I explained myself well, so I attached an IMG showing what I mean (all #'s are @ stock settings in the IMG)

Car- 2009 G8 GT
    Mods- RotoFab CAI, Cat Back
    Coming soon- SLP long tube Headers, Tune (with the help of this community)

Tuner
    You're getting too aggressive. I'll send you my tune in the morning.

2009 G8 GT - White Hot

226/234 601/601 112+4, Yank SS 3600, SLP Longtubes, Magnaflow exhaust, Rotofab, 3.91 Rear

Yeah, I think that was the conventional wisdom at one point. But there are more subtle options available now for tweaking that stuff. If you haven't already, check out g8board - another good info source. Keep an eye on the dates as a lot has changed since the beginning. Everyone's latest idea and tune is always the best... until they try something else and that becomes the new hot ticket.

Nice looking car.
    2009 G8 GT