Thread: 2010 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 torque management question

2010 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 torque management question

I'm looking at the tune file for my 2010 2500HD, trying to find where the torque management tables are so I can turn it down a bit a bit. I am using the latest beta.

I haven't changed *anything*, this is the file as-read.

As far as I can tell, the torque management is off? All the max torque values seem to be maxed out. The truck doesn't shift like there's no torque management, though. You can feel it power down during shifts.

Any pointers?

First set the Tip in TqMg, Flare TqMg, and Limit TqMg fields to none. Also set the ETC limit to disable. Leave all the trans torque management tables stock, and just halve the Cold Multiplier table. This will halve the timing retard during up & downshifts.

Russ Kemp

Thanks, Russ. I'll give it a shot.

Russ, I did everything you said, with the exception the of the cold multiplier table.

The cold multiplier table looked like this:
    -40 : -22 : -4 : 14 : 32 : 50 : 68 : 86 : 104
    .500 : .7500 : 1.0 : 1.0 : 1.0 : 1.0 : 1.0 : 1.0 : 1.0

Wasn't sure if you meant to cut these values in half, .250 - .375 - .50, etc.

The other changes made for a better trans feel.

Thanks for the tips, and I appreciate any help.

Followup: I halved that cold multiplier table, and went for a test drive. Holy cow, major improvement.
    Last edited by The_Bishop; 04-04-2011 at 03:51 PM. Reason: Added info

I made some changes in my tune, I'll list them below. Was wondering if they sound 'safe' to any of the more experienced tuners. These are the only changes, everything else is stock.

Speed limiter set to 120mph.

Engine/Electronic Throttle/Area Rate Limits/Opening rate - Changed to 100 across the board

Engine/Fuel/Power Enrich - Delay RPM set to 3000, Enrichment Rate changed to .0550 from .0100, EQ Ratio vs RPM set to 1.175 for 0-2000RPM, 1.165 for 2250-2750, 1.190 for 3000-8000RPM. Stock was 1.204 3000-8000 RPM,

Engine/Torque Management/General/ETC Limit set to Disable.

Transmission/Torque Management/Tip-In TqMgt Upshift set to None

Transmission/Torque Management/Flare TqMgt Upshift, CT Downshift, Downshift,Skip Downshift set to None

Transmission/Torque Management/Limit TqMgt Garage Shift, Default set to None

Transmission/Torque Management/Cold Multiplier table multiplied by .5 (cut in half)

Thanks for any guidance.

Tuner in Training
    Interesting. I have a 2010 Silverado 2500 with the 6.0

I try to connect the VCM Editor and I fail step 3 of 6 due to:
    "Security Access Denied".
    - I have credits remaining, so I am not sure what this is about.

To add to the confusion, the VCM Editor box says:
    "Type Chevy Silverado (V8) 2006"
    - As stated, this is a 2010...I purchased it new.

I am doing something wrong?
    Last edited by b.d.d.; 04-17-2011 at 07:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by b.d.d. View Post
    Interesting. I have a 2010 Silverado 2500 with the 6.0

I try to connect the VCM Editor and I fail step 3 of 6 due to:
    "Security Access Denied".
    - I have credits remaining, so I am not sure what this is about.

To add to the confusion, the VCM Editor box says:
    "Type Chevy Silverado (V8) 2006"
    - As stated, this is a 2010...I purchased it new.

I am doing something wrong?
    contact support... they will give you the newest beta... this will fix your problems

09 GMC Sierra SLT 4dr 4wd 6.2l L9H CAI, HP TUNED by Me....

Tuner in Training
    Done. Had problems with losing communication with the TCM. Had to play the battery disconnect game about seven times before I could get any changes made.

One question regarding speed. Under speedo > limiter - I changed everything from 98 mph to 120. Still cuts off at 98 mph and roughly 4600 rpm. I checked the engine > fuel tab but did not see anything. How do I get the engine to stop cutting out at 98 mph / 4600 rpm?

You have to change the speed limiter source from GMLAN to Calibration, if I remember the names right.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks. I will make the changes and give it another try.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Russ K View Post
    First set the Tip in TqMg, Flare TqMg, and Limit TqMg fields to none. Also set the ETC limit to disable. Leave all the trans torque management tables stock, and just halve the Cold Multiplier table. This will halve the timing retard during up & downshifts.

Russ Kemp
    this applies to more then just his '10 2500 right? I can make these same changes on my G8 and get those same results?

Car- 2009 G8 GT
    Mods- RotoFab CAI, Cat Back
    Coming soon- SLP long tube Headers, Tune (with the help of this community)

Potential Tuner
    Russ, I am a newbie and I tuning on my 2017 2500hd 6.0 . The only ETC Limit I see under engine/general/ is TCS enable temp. Is this correct? Or has it changed on the 2017's?

2017's run a completely different computer, that being the E78. What he said doesn't really apply anymore

Also you can't/don't want to disabled torque mngt on those computers because they are torque based operating systems.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.