Thread: WB not showing up stand alone Logging

WB not showing up stand alone Logging

I was able to find out why the WB recently would not show up during stand alone logging only but was OK with laptop open on the seat. I had set up the WB LM 1 as showing in the Gen III section how to sticky by Torchredfrc2:

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showth...8671#post68671

the AFR was showing up when I scanned with the laptop open but would not show up when I set the system up for standalone logging.
    The problem I found was that the LM 1 had originally been set up in my old laptop using The Tuning School instructions and when I started using the new laptop I did insert the Custom LM 1 parameters into the new laptop but forgot to update the chart portion. I finally noticed this when the chart had a different name for the WB. This also shows it is a good idea to change names when doing something custom or else I might not have been able to figure this one out!
    Everytime the MVPI Pro was set up to do standalone it had the wrong parameters due to chart not being set up correctly.

Something else I found different from the old laptop (Windows XP) to the new (Windows 7) is that in order to get 2.22 to work we had to remove framework 4 program under remove programs to get it to load, then the software loaded but would not recognize a complete read to get the serial # and credits info loaded. As posted we switched to run the software on XP mode, this works fine just be aware it handles the procedures a little different. I use to be able to open both editor and scanner and once a tune was flashed just ask the scanner to log. Now I have to tell scanner to connect before it is able to scan or else I get "cant find connection". I may be paraphrazing. This is a small issue in comparizon to the new latop's speed!!

I am sure the old pros know all this but I thought it might be helpful to those that may be seeing these issues since we all have limited amounts hair to pull!

Enjoy tuning and learning, have patience grasshopper and love HP Tuners!
    Last edited by hobbesnmina2001; 06-03-2011 at 06:20 AM.
    1999 Corvette Coupe LS1 A&A Vortech V3SI A4
    2012 Ford F150 Ext Cab Ecoboost
    2002 Corvette Z06