Thread: Won't enter PE

Tuner in Training

Won't enter PE

I have a 2000 GTP that I was tuning after instaling 42.5 lb lucas injectors. I was using the Russ K method and had my O2 sensor unpluged and PE disabled. Had trouble getting close at the low end of the MAF table (running rich) with wide variance. Enabled PE and pluged the O2 back in and now won't enter PE. Could it be the fuel pressure regulator?

Update: Tried new regulator, no change, put old injectors back in, no change. Fuel pressure is steady at 58 lbs under acceleration. When I command 11.5 AFR it will run there at idle. As soon as I get into the throttle it leans right out to 16 AFR. I am using an AFX wideband. Change the fuel filter as well. No vacuum leaks found after extensive checking, steady 18 inches at idle. Disconnected battery for 1/2 hr as well. Tried known good tunes.

Any ideas/suggestions welcome. Thanks for looking
    Last edited by R/T Slayer; 06-03-2011 at 01:12 PM. Reason: update

Senior Tuner
    In that tune you have PE set to 14.7, not 11.5
    I would also set the PE enable to 40% TPS or so, you are at 0

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the heads up. Posted the wrong tune. I had it entering PE at zero because it was leaning out way before 40% TPS. Got another PCM to try as I cannot think of anything else. Most likely something obvious and easy though.

Tuner in Training
    Anyone interested it is fixed. Was the PCM. Differernt one works fine. Thanks for the looks and suggestions.