Thread: Advance KR Hystos incorrect g/cyl after MAF delete

Advance KR Hystos incorrect g/cyl after MAF delete

I've removed my MAF, and now when I look at either the Advance or KR Hysto, the Cylinder Airmass axis is showing an incorrect value, roughly half of what it should be. The timing is obviously being commanded from the correct table cell and commanding the correct value. The hysto is just wrong.

I remember from a long time ago this is caused because the MAF is disconnected, but cannot find how to fix it.

Thanks!
    06 M6 GTO - L92 Heads - Flowtech AK-47 cam - ported LS3 intake - ported TB - Kooks 1 7/8 - Cats - SVEDE OTR CAI - H-Pipe - Flowmaster Super 40s

Tuner
    Post a log.

Quote Originally Posted by streetsweepergto View Post
    Post a log.
    Here is a log, config, and a tune. The tune might not be the exact one used for the run, but pretty close.

I knew I had too much timing at WOT, and was trying to see where it was knocking so I could reduce the timing in those areas. If you open hysto #1 or #2, you will notice that the values only go up to 0.48 g/cy.

If I look at the cell 0.48 / 6.0, I see that I'm running 26 degrees of advance, but open up the tune file, and you will see that the 26 degrees commanded is not coming from that cell. If it was, I'd be running 36 degrees.

With the MAF plugged in (regardless of whether I'm using it or not), those values in the hysto will display correctly, and would be more in the range of 0.80 g/cyl. at WOT.
    06 M6 GTO - L92 Heads - Flowtech AK-47 cam - ported LS3 intake - ported TB - Kooks 1 7/8 - Cats - SVEDE OTR CAI - H-Pipe - Flowmaster Super 40s

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Its because you are still logging maf pids even though they are reading 0, this skews the dynamic cyl air reading.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Thanks Bill...I knew it was something stupid.