Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Car felt real laggy/inresponsive today.

Probably, due to the timing being cut back but the amount of fuel/ pressure satus the same, therefor there would be an excess amount of fuel in the combustion chamber.
    09 Imperial blue ss/tc, sunroof, g85.
    Mods: Gms1, K&N sri, Injen cp, cia 3"catted dp, 3" Cia catback/ res delete, zzp ic, ottp stage 1 rotated mount, forge bpv, twm sts/ bushings, eibach sportlines, hawk hps pads, 235/40/18 BFG Gforce Ta kdw2's.

Advanced Tuner
    ok got it
    My setup is a 356ci with a 260/268 (212/218 at .050 lift) duration cam with aluminium corvette heads and flat top pistons running 11.3 comp. ratio. with tuned port injection and vortec crank pick up and dizzy running a 411 pcm and 60lb bosch injectors, 1.6 ratio roller rockers. For transmission its a 4l65e built with the monster in a box mega ss kit. All in a 92 chevy ext cab 4x4 pickup with a 98 cab now installed with a third door! running only e85

Well, compression showed 150 150 155 150 but cylinder 4 built the pressure way faster than any of the rest.
    Mods: Gms1, K&N sri, Injen cp, cia 3"catted dp, 3" Cia catback/ res delete, zzp ic, ottp stage 1 rotated mount, forge bpv, twm sts/ bushings, eibach sportlines, hawk hps pads, 235/40/18 BFG Gforce Ta kdw2's.

How many comp strokes did you roll through to get the peak? 4-5 is pretty normal unles you had a very long hose.

How long was the hose?

Looks good to me at any rate. If you had a valve or ring/land issue it wouldn't build that high cranking over.

When I sold mine they were 145-150 and it ran good.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

The hose was about 6 inches and we let it crank 5 times. He said it's wierd that cyl 4 got to 150 with only 2 strokes and the rest were 4-5. He had the stethoscope and said that he can hear a metallic sound on cyl4 on the exhaust side. What would be the odds that a lash adjustor could be going. That may explain why the knock is the worst on cyl 4. What's involved in checking to see if that's the case? Is it a long hard process.

I always showed more KR on #4 also. I really don't think there is anything wrong after those compression numbers. If you didn't bleed off the gauge in between #3 & #4 it would have built quicker. Most comp gauges have a check valve in the fitting that goes into the spark plug threads.

The one I have has a 12" hose and takes a few more strokes to peak out.

Well, the car is completely back to stock now with the exception of the catback and intake. Still works the same. I do miss the tune tho. Term told me that it may be the coil packs so I'm gonna swap them sometime this week.

Other than this I'm running outta ideas and patients. Nothing I do seems to be working. The car is laggy at tip in throttle and it seems to be boggy in the low to mid range of 3rd gear, which is where it seems to be knocking. My buddy said it acts like it's not getting enough fuel. Any way to check the injectors without taking everything apart? Is it hard to take the injectors out? I re gapped my old plugs so when I swap the coil packs, I'm gonna swap them aswell.
    Last edited by DoMiStIc_RuSh_06; 06-13-2011 at 08:57 PM.

Are you noticing it more on a certain cylinder or all over? I have 2 spare coils still sitting here and 2 spare injectors

I dunno I it's one specific cylinder or what. It seems to be overall. Like in third gear, it'll pull from mid range to up top but down low it'll bog out. I'll have to log the pulsewidth of each injector per cylinder. As for the coil packs, terms pretty sure that the LNf coil packs are the same as the 2.2, same with the maf sensor. The knock come from all cylinders but cyl 4 is by far the worst. The wierd part is all the plugs show that it's running lean but the black smoke out the exhaust suggests otherwise.

Any tricks you can suggest to help rule out that it's the coilpacks or injectors besides swapping them? I noticed that I'm getting multiple minor misfires all over the board aswell.

I would log misfires, knock and the injectors per cylinder and go from there. Then swap the parts and see if the problems move to another cylinder. Then replace the parts for that cylinder.

Advanced Tuner
    Nick and Tom, you guys are real troopers, but you realize this is never gonna end right?

Im bored today

Quote Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
    Nick and Tom, you guys are real troopers, but you realize this is never gonna end right?
    Hey, why you gotta be a dick about it. They are trying to help me out. I'm trying everything I know how. Not my fault I'm not a tech and don't know everything.

Thanks but and iab for your help. It's much appreciated.

Advanced Tuner
    Dude, I may be a dick but I'm just calling it like I see it.

You've been a member for 9 months.
    You have 166 posts.
    162 of them have been beating everyone to death with the same issues on your car.
    All 6 of the threads you've started have been about the issues with your car that no one can fix. Maybe because there's nothing wrong with it?

I gave you advice awhile back. Close the hood and take it to someone that knows what they're doing or just drive the damn car. At this point you've thrown so many parts at it and had so many different tunes go through that car who knows what's really up with it? Certainly not guys that have never laid a hand on or driven the car (me included), and obviously not you.

Sorry if that's being a dick. I think it's giving good advice, trying to protect the other members and keep the forum open to SHARING, not sucking the life out of people by going over the same thing again and again and again...

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34655

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33550

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33703

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33498

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31362

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31685

I calls 'em like I sees 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by gmtech16450yz View Post
    Dude, I may be a dick but I'm just calling it like I see it.

You've been a member for 9 months.
    You have 166 posts.
    162 of them have been beating everyone to death with the same issues on your car.
    All 6 of the threads you've started have been about the issues with your car that no one can fix. Maybe because there's nothing wrong with it?

I gave you advice awhile back. Close the hood and take it to someone that knows what they're doing or just drive the damn car. At this point you've thrown so many parts at it and had so many different tunes go through that car who knows what's really up with it? Certainly not guys that have never laid a hand on or driven the car (me included), and obviously not you.

Sorry if that's being a dick. I think it's giving good advice, trying to protect the other members and keep the forum open to SHARING, not sucking the life out of people by going over the same thing again and again and again...

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34655

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33550

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33703

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=33498

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31362

http://www.hptuners.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31685
    I have taken the car to 3 different shops and to 4 different dealerships. Know one can fucking tell me what's wrong. I have worked on many cars and have never seen anything like this. I just keep posting symptoms as they occur. Sorry if it seems like I'm beating it to death but I'm just concerned about my car. I'm paying for something which I can't enjoy. Head office in Gm won't even help me at all. You guys think it's frustrating for you, think of how I feel. All I want is my car so work the way it's suppose to.

Term even says there's something wrong and has tuned many lnfs and he has no clue as to what's wrong.

2jz....

John, I know man....I know.

On the road for work this week, not much else to do.

DR - Your car has the same afflictions mine did as far as the KR. I think a few of us with early LNF's all do. Just drive it like you stole it. There is nothing wrong with it. You can't fix what ain't broke. I didn't kill all the KR until running leaded 110 or 1:1 ethanol/93. If you can't get the big E, the KR ain't going away. Even on 60% E with the LWFW I still saw light throttle KR & 5-10 misfires at cruise at times. Still ran a 4.5 sec 60-100mph average.
    Last edited by Iam Broke; 06-14-2011 at 04:42 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Iam Broke View Post
    John, I know man....I know.

On the road for work this week, not much else to do.

DR - Your car has the same afflictions mine did as far as the KR. I think a few of us with early LNF's all do. Just drive it like you stole it. There is nothing wrong with it. You can't fix what ain't broke. I didn't kill all the KR until running leaded 110 or 1:1 ethanol/93. If you can't get the big E, the KR ain't going away. Even on 60% E with the LWFW I still saw light throttle KR & 5-10 misfires at cruise at times. Still ran a 4.5 sec 60-100mph average.
    Wasnt there a thread on fixing that ghost knock problem by changing which way the knock sensor are installed and they were installed incorrectly in the factory based on the service manual. I swear the thread was on here.
    1994 Mazda Miata turbo, aero, hoosiers Class=SSM

Take my drop box referral and we both get an extra 250 Mb free!

The knock sensors are supposed to be oriented at 9 o'clock. My 3-4 one wasn't but rotating it to 9 made NO difference.