Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Car felt real laggy/inresponsive today.

I dunno, but driving my buddies 10' tc with gms1 feels alot more faster than mine and his doesn't have any knock. Atleast no where near as much as mine. Throttle response is alot better in his as well compared to mine.

The only thing mine has over his is that my second gear is alot stronger, but his s stronger in 1st and 3rd.
    09 Imperial blue ss/tc, sunroof, g85.
    Mods: Gms1, K&N sri, Injen cp, cia 3"catted dp, 3" Cia catback/ res delete, zzp ic, ottp stage 1 rotated mount, forge bpv, twm sts/ bushings, eibach sportlines, hawk hps pads, 235/40/18 BFG Gforce Ta kdw2's.

Advanced Tuner
    Changing coil's didn't fix any of the knock issues on my car, think the last thing i'll try is a new set of knock sensors... getting to them aint fun.

Shab - Rotated mine when I had the intake mani & injector rail off.

OP - "Feels" stronger in one gear or another don't get it, butt dynos all stink. Log yours & his with HPT and compare them.
    '12 Camaro T3 2SS/RS LS3 M6, SLP TVS 2300, Flex Fuel

Yeah me either. Next time he's down I'll log him.
    Mods: Gms1, K&N sri, Injen cp, cia 3"catted dp, 3" Cia catback/ res delete, zzp ic, ottp stage 1 rotated mount, forge bpv, twm sts/ bushings, eibach sportlines, hawk hps pads, 235/40/18 BFG Gforce Ta kdw2's.

Quote Originally Posted by shabby View Post
    Changing coil's didn't fix any of the knock issues on my car, think the last thing i'll try is a new set of knock sensors... getting to them aint fun.
    I know you said you have had the same knock issue for a while. When you get a chance, could you pm me everything you have tried to get rid of the knock. Sounds like we have a very similar issue. I to have thought about ordering 2 new knock sensors. Let me know if this works for you.

Advanced Tuner
    Tuning didn't work, coils didn't work, plugs didn't work, only thing left is the knock sensor.

However i do remember someone who had sever knock(10+ degrees of retard) and it was caused by a faulty chain tensioner, i had all of my timing chain parts replaced due to a different issue and the knock is still there.

I dont agree with the drive it hard that nothing is wrong.. its knocking a lot, not just 3* here or there. Its pulling the timing back to single digits.

Have you done a boost leak test on the car? Are you getting oil in the CP's or in the Intake? Are you running a cat on the car?

I noticed oil in the upper charge pipes....even smells like oil. Same with the intake, there oil on the coupler and smells strongly in oil. I was running a cat on the car then I went catless thinking the cat was the problem but it didn't help. I did a boost leak test from the upper cp to the lower cp and didn't find anything. I'm back to stock and it's still doing the same

I agree with you byt, I deff think that something isn't right.

It sounds like there's an air leak inside the turbo. Is there anything in there that can let go to cause this.

Sounds like the turbo is failing #1. Oil getting in the cylinders will create misfires and then knock. I would buy a used stock turbo and replace it.

You know, I've considered this but just didnt want to shell out the money incase that wasn't the issue. I'll look around an see what I can find.

I don't it would be the gms1 because the car can work good at times, it's just few and far between. If it was the gms1 the car would either work great or terrible along with codes. Or so I would think.

I just told you the answer..

I'll look to see if I can find one. A guy on CSS.net had some for sale.

We just had the lower cp off and there's no signs of oil anywhere in it or the throttle body. There was a bit of water in the lower cp which I'm chalking up to condensation. That can't be good for the lower sensor tho.