Hello All, its been a while but I'm still tuning my AWD Astro and towing that big travel trailer all over.

We're moving into peak heat down here in SWFL so it is time to address the ping issues I have while towing. I just replaced, cap, rotor, plugs, wires, air filter and cleaned the MAF.

I have the Trans setup for a lot of TC lock and no slip so most of my ping is in the low/mid side of the table. The van cruises real nice, no bogging and with a 170F t-stat and massive trans cooler all the temps are nice and low.

What I have been doing is taking logs when the IAT's are below the point where the ECM pulls timing, as it is so damn hot down here, pulling the timing from the table and repeating the process over several days.

What I have now is a fairly ping free spark table but is of course choppy as hell.

My question is, if I am saying this right, do I bring the rest of the timing down to where I pulled the ping but of course still keep the general shape of the curve??

A while back another member, sorry for the brain fade on the name, sent me a nice tune out of an S-10. I tried that table but it had way to much advance for the Astro. I could have taken that tune, subtracted 5 across the table and use it but I wanted to try shaping my own first.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.