Thread: Gen 4 unlimited buy in

Gen 4 unlimited buy in

What happens when we buy in for a Gen4 unlimited package and the Gen5 come out?

Will the price of the Gen 4 go down like how the Gen 3 did?

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Telephone: +965-55446651
    Email: [email protected]
    Instagram

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Honestly no idea, we have no current plans to lower our unlimited licenses. Camaro's are still using E38's for 2012 as are Corvettes so they haven't moved away from these pcm's yet.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

But to invest $13000 and to find out within a year the price drops by $10000, would really piss people off!

Plus, I've only got 45license spots left on my MPVI. What will happen when I fill those spaces up? Free unlimitied vehicles gift?? (Spent quite a bit already)

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Instagram

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    But to invest $13000 and to find out within a year the price drops by $10000, would really piss people off!
    Price drops inevitably happen to stay competitive in the market, its a catch 22, we're damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Plus, I've only got 45license spots left on my MPVI. What will happen when I fill those spaces up? Free unlimitied vehicles gift?? (Spent quite a bit already)
    You would need to purchase a new separate interface(though we can have them share the same tunerlock id). The next generation interface will likely have more license slots on it(I think the current mpvi has around 450 slots)

Quote Originally Posted by Trailblazin' View Post

Unlimited Gen IV car is 130 credits... At $50 per credit, that's only $6500 (not taking into consideration the discount for buying credits in bulk).

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!

Quote Originally Posted by DSteck View Post
    Unlimited Gen IV car is 130 credits... At $50 per credit, that's only $6500 (not taking into consideration the discount for buying credits in bulk).
    cars and trucks GenIV turns out to $13000, I've got upgrade credits towards them, but just a bit worried investing, then price dropping...

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Price drops inevitably happen to stay competitive in the market, its a catch 22, we're damned if we do and damned if we don't.

You would need to purchase a new separate interface(though we can have them share the same tunerlock id). The next generation interface will likely have more license slots on it(I think the current mpvi has around 450 slots)
    If and when it happens, what kind of down time would I expect? Can you guys get the new MPVI ready, and once I recieve it I send the old one back? I'm overseas so downtime is not something I'm looking for.

Bader Norris
    MEP Tuned
    Instagram

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Bader you would need to purchase a new interface, there would be no downtime as you keep your old interface, you'd just have a new separate interface. You would need to email sales if you want them to both have the same tunerlock though.

Let me see if I understand this correct. You can buy another box an have it cloned to your current box?

Quote Originally Posted by RIP1976 View Post
    Let me see if I understand this correct. You can buy another box an have it cloned to your current box?
    Not cloned, each will have separate licenses. However both will be able to lock and unlock PCMs as if they were the same MPVI.

It is not possible to have 2 MPVIs with the same licenses into both.