Thread: Lly Tune

Potential Tuner

Lly Tune

so im new to the hp tuners scene. i was wondering if anyone had a 80-100 hp safe tune for a lly for me as a starter so i can compare files. any replies would be great. thanks!

I can make one for you to compare or I can send an Excel file of some of the tables I have modified in the past. Let me know
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

Potential Tuner
    How much? i found a decent lly tune for him, how are you with lbz? im having a hard time finding decent safe lbz tunes that dont run high EGTs

I'll PM you with details
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun

I have a tune that put down 360hp and 660tq, I also have a higher hp tune but I have not put that on the dyno yet but the egts are safe and its not too smokey lol
    2002 Pontaic Sunfire 4 Door 2.2 Ecotec
    15.9 best 1/4 @ 87mph (I/H/E)

2005 Silverado 2500HD 2WD LLY, Amsoil in the motor, 4" MBRP DP back, 4-6" tip, EGR Blocker plate, small HP Tune, boost and pyro gauge. PPE shim kit.

14.8 best 1/4 @ 91 MPH
    @ aprox 68*

Potential Tuner

360 tune

hey i read your post, im still trying to get this lly in tune, anyway i could look at you file and compare it to the one i have going? thanks

Potential Tuner
    count me in also, this lly stuff makes me feel like a red headed step child

Senior Tuner
    LLY are tuned in much the same fashion as the lbz's guys. The only real differance is o/s is not torque based. Any of tuning info you read can be applied to an lly other then modifying the driver demand torque table. For an lly you modify the injector pulsewidth and boost in the same fashion as lbz and even apply the timing calculator in the same way(make sure to use lly specific sheet). The main differance is the torque management is adjusted after your power tuning is done to a level you are comfortable with. Tables are laid out in same fashion with same names. Follow Roger Ramjets guide and just disregard the nonapplicable dpf and driver demand torque settings.

Potential Tuner
    could someone please upload a lly tune for me to start with