Thread: Hot power enrich enable TPS threshold questions.

Hot power enrich enable TPS threshold questions.

Hi,

I am new to the tuning thing, I have just bought HP tuners and have a couple of questions about the Power Enrich table I pulled from my car.
    The car is a Holden VE SS L98 6.0L 6 speed manual, with X-force headers, cats and 2.5 cat back and VCM OTR. I have fitted a VCM 21 cam and its now time to tune it.

The car was bought with this tune in it so I have no stock tune to compare to but I downloaded one from a VE SS 07 from the HP tuners repository which should be similar (mine is an 08 build). The power enrich table looks very wrong to me, PE basically all the time.
    Why would the previous tuner have done this? I am concerned if this is wrong what else could be wrong. If I put it back to stock I am I going to have issues.

Also when I do a compare of the file I downloaded the "Flow Rate Modifier vs. IAT" is different, I thought the injector information was dependant on the injector spec and not normally changed?

Any advise would be appreciated.

Regards Jason.

I would start out with a stock tune, staying in PE all the time is just not right.
    A quick look at the tune, noticed that LTFT (Long Term Fuel Trims) are disable, which is also wrong.

Make sure the 02s are connected and that you don't have any exhaust leaks before or near the 02s.
    2004 GTO A4
    UNDER CONSTRUCTION....
    Previous E.T. 10.66 @ 130 mph
    http://www.mongillomotors.com/1066vid.html
    2008 G8
    LS3 76mm Turbo. 582rwhp
    2003 S600 Mercedes
    V12 Twin Turbo 21psi 600 rwhp
    2007 Factor Five GTM
    Twin Turbo forged LS6 600rwhp
    2015 Polaris Slingshot
    Tune & DR

www.ProEdgeTuning.com

Tuning with HPTuners & Mustang MD-1100 Chassis Dyno
    Wallingford, CT.

[email protected]

Thanks for the reply, the more I look and learn the more issues I find, attached is my VE table (courtesy of BlueCat), I even noticed they have added some numbers in the cam co-efficients even though I have no vairable cam. I am beginning to think this tune is a great example of what not to do.

I would like to start with a stock file but I cant find one that matches my OS number, I have found one from the same model year but a different OS so I thought I could just compare files and copy over the things that are different. Would this be ok?
    Last edited by Xjas; 09-13-2011 at 04:51 AM.