Thread: Vacuum line routing/boost control issues

Potential Tuner

Vacuum line routing/boost control issues

Having any issue with a 2009 SS 2.0 turbo with and aftermarket turbo setup on it. The customer is the one who istalled all the components and I am doing the tuning on it. I can't seem to affect the boost psi with my tuning changes and I need to make sure that the lines to the control solenoids are hooked up properly. Can seem to change lines around and go from 20psi to 30psi and fuel cut so any help here would be greatly appreciated. Even a picture of your BOV and WG solenoids and where the lines go would be awesome. Thanks Erik

If it has aftermarket wastegate and bov I don't think you can use stock controllers for it. What turbo is he running?

You can use the stock solenoid with a EWG, Ive used it several times.

Potential Tuner
    Precision turbo, Turbosmart wg and bov! Backyard, do you know the proper line routing for the eg solenoid?

Quote Originally Posted by Vette323 View Post
    Precision turbo, Turbosmart wg and bov! Backyard, do you know the proper line routing for the eg solenoid?
    Exactly like factory? lol Run a line from your compressor housing "usually there is a fitting on the housing of precisions close to te outlet" to the solenoid then from the solenoid to the WG.
    HP-Unlimited Tuning and Custom Fabrication
    Houston area performance parts dealer
    MD800 Mustang Dyno 713-560-3889 Taylor
    2016 Camaro A8 "shop car" FIRST 6th GEN CAMARO OVER 200mph IN THE MILE 203.5mph

I believe I was talking to the guy you were helping and got him straightened out.