Thread: knock issues

Tuner in Training

knock issues

ok... i have been battling this knock for many months now and i cant figure it out on my own any more. i have a 2000 GTP, ported and polished s/c, 3.4" full custom exhaust no cat. no res. custom fender cold air intake and meth injection. i have tried taking the s/c belt off and i still get knock, the sway bar is not hitting anything and i cant hear any pinging. no matter what i do i get this knock. i have taken so much timing out that i got passed by a firefly. still knocked. i have read other knock threads and tryed to follow what they have done and still knocks. i am hoping some of the pro's on here can help. i have attached my tune and my last scan. most of the knock is part throttle but every now and then it will knock on a wot run. please help.
    2000 GTP. 3.4", 3" ext no cat, no res. 12" brakes. 3.29 gears. and a lead foot, all make for a fun ride.

2012 Chevy Cruze 1.4 turbo 6A. just trying to make more power. no other mods

ASE, automotive parts technician.

Nitrous is like a hot blonde with a STD. You wanna hit it, but you're afraid of the consequences.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm not able to open your scan or tune.....damn 2.23 beta upgrade.
    Try leaving your Torque Conv at a a high setting, AKA turn it off.
    Then see how much KR you have.

Also look at the Spark retard Vs. Torque Management. Try turning it down or to Zero.
    The Regal has been laid to rest..... rust
    Now have an 06 Lucerne with the 3.8 and wishing HPT would cover that car
    Loved my 2001 Buick Regal GS.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

Tuner in Training
    ok. i disabled the tcc and i have already zeroed the torque management a long time ago. will do another scan today. and ya, i have the latest beta for tuning my HHR but i use the old 2.22 for scanning my GTP because i don't like the new one.
    2000 GTP. 3.4", 3" ext no cat, no res. 12" brakes. 3.29 gears. and a lead foot, all make for a fun ride.

Nitrous is like a hot blonde with a STD. You wanna hit it, but you're afraid of the consequences.

Advanced Tuner
    There is a transition between the MAF in normal driving and PE.
    Set the MAF so it's a bit rich, Just a cell or two before the PE setting kicks in.
    I just "tripped over this" last night & today, I brought my KR down from 4*-6* to 1*-2*.
    Without changing the timing.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

Tuner in Training
    here is my last scan...some major and interesting knock at the 6 min 34 sec mark. then my car died. i think my meth over powered it in the shift.

Advanced Tuner
    I'm not an expert......Wholly Shn!tz 14.9* of KR?
    Did you break something?

I see your O2 is a little low, iirc it should be around ~930's

Try upping your AFR 11.5 In PE mode. It looks like your at 12.0
    I don't have experience with wide band, hope someone else will jump in.

You have any other exhaust work done? Headers or at least P-log & ported rear?