Thread: Bad wbo2 sensor? Stuck injector? Garbage Tune? :o

Tuner in Training

Bad wbo2 sensor? Stuck injector? Garbage Tune? :o

I have an 87 rx7

04 lq4
    98 camaro a4 ecu
    built 4l60e w/ 3200 yank stall (formerly 2200 modified oem stall)
    ls6 intake
    ported 799s
    10.6:1
    comp xer 224 230 .581 .589 114lsa cam
    katech rodbolts
    modified mac midlength headers wrapped
    upstream narrow bands only
    aem uego with about... say 10k on it?
    true dual 2.5 into 3" magnaflows
    28.8 injectors

wbo2 is wired through the egr.. it's set at around 9.8 not 10 like most of the pid routines for wbo2 voltage are (i forget the long drawn out equation)

Basically, the car has never been together long enough for me to justify a full tune...

So, basically, I have taken the car to the strip after the heads cam intake etc, have pulled 12.56 @ 110 1.9x 60' with a 2200 stall.. and a kind of a lousy launch... it was reading around 85 or 90% duty cycle..

I was told that I should run out of injector on an lq4 with 360-400 whp with 28.8# injectors. I was ok with this, it came to my attention that some pinging i had might be from excess heat in the combustion chambers, so. I bought some mac mids and modified them to fit..

After installing the headers I took the car out on the highway in 50f or so weather and it was reading 10:1 at wot, i had no idea what was up, I blew the pump in the 4l60e.

After replacing the trans and reflashing the tune, it still kept reading overly rich at 50% or more throttle (around there anyways.)

I will include a few different logs and if anyone can point out any stupid mistakes with the tune ( i inherited this car and base tune, so be gentle lol)

june - no issues just a log of it working properly
    Aug 18 - latest problems
    aug 10 - first sign of the stupid rich condition

Thanks in advance, i truly appreciate this, this has been awfully frustrating for me!

Tuner in Training
    Note, I know that the EGR voltage is all that shows up, I am probably retarded but I couldn't seem to be able to get the EGR PID routine to show wbo2 afr on my home computer, I even copied the hptuners folder from my laptop and in addition to that checked if there were registry entries...

this is an old tune attached and and older logs, you can see that it's ...seemingly fine..
    Last edited by mxman; 08-19-2011 at 10:35 PM.

Tuner in Training
    after poking around for a few hours on the site, i noticed something about cat overtemp being a factor with PE... isn't this mostly just for lean cruise? i did change this value...

Tuner in Training
    turns out it was the wbo2 input into the EGR triggering the enrichment table, i tried it on the AC circuit same deal threw off the idle etc suddenly, LOL!