Thread: Whats Broken?

Advanced Tuner

Whats Broken?

While doing some scans & fine tuning for MPG.
    I saw that when the car goes into boost the MAF & VE go right to a lean 12.5 from a rich -5.4, 9.3
    Why?
    What is busted?
    Or needs fixing?

One other, irrelevant...don't know?
    I have a miss, Probably a plug or two, changed them less than 2K ago, the miss has been getting a little worse as time goes bye.
    The Regal has been laid to rest..... rust
    Now have an 06 Lucerne with the 3.8 and wishing HPT would cover that car
    Loved my 2001 Buick Regal GS.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

Tuner in Training
    it is really weird, one thing i would look into is your MAF table, if you go to the 2D chart it is very wavy. it should be a nice smooth line. is there a reason your commanding PE at such a low TPS??? if you want MPG you wont get it because you are always going in and out of PE cruising. the first thing i would do is smoth out the MAF table and maybe bump your commanded PE at the lower rpms to about 30% what kind of gas are you running?? is it 10% blend?
    2000 GTP. 3.4", 3" ext no cat, no res. 12" brakes. 3.29 gears. and a lead foot, all make for a fun ride.

2012 Chevy Cruze 1.4 turbo 6A. just trying to make more power. no other mods

ASE, automotive parts technician.

Nitrous is like a hot blonde with a STD. You wanna hit it, but you're afraid of the consequences.

Advanced Tuner
    ya I saw that my MAF is frigged up..... D'oh

I think I got that straightened out. After the re-tune the LFT's are much better.

Most of my driving, I am under 20% throttle. Including highway cruising.
    I have a vacuum/boost gauge, When my car goes into boost it is around 20% throttle. So I figure 20% is a good point to set the PE and not have KR.

Yes, E-10 for the fuel.
    The Regal has been laid to rest..... rust
    Now have an 06 Lucerne with the 3.8 and wishing HPT would cover that car
    Loved my 2001 Buick Regal GS.
    With more than 334,000K, 3.4 & 3.6 pulley, Change stats and pulleys with the seasons, Upgraded grounds & power wire, Volt booster, Caspers timing commander(AKA happy knob), Spectra intake-fender wall, PLog, 3" DP & 2.5 exhaust, HPTunner 12" Impala duel piston front brakes, New trans,GMPP suspension... yada, yada...

Tuner in Training
    i would still bump the pe up to about 25% tps. just to make sure your not going in and out all the time. i set up a custom histogram to log boost vs tps so i can keep track of that my self. and it says you are not getting into boost until 25%. im sure it will give you a few more MPG
    Last edited by REDNECKRACING; 09-22-2011 at 11:29 AM.
    2000 GTP. 3.4", 3" ext no cat, no res. 12" brakes. 3.29 gears. and a lead foot, all make for a fun ride.

2012 Chevy Cruze 1.4 turbo 6A. just trying to make more power. no other mods

ASE, automotive parts technician.

Nitrous is like a hot blonde with a STD. You wanna hit it, but you're afraid of the consequences.

also you timing table looks like the rocky mountains bro might wanna strighten that out a lil bit it also needs to look smooth.