Thread: 3 bar map SD no engine misfire?

3 bar map SD no engine misfire?

Does engine misfire readings depend on the maf? I can't seem to get any misfire readings in 3 bar SD. Am I doing something wrong and if you don't get misfire any way to get it back in the future? It was a handy thing and has helped me many times figure out problems.
    99 TAWS6 ERL 427 superdeck,AFR 225, LS9 cam, 1.7 yella terras, fluiddampr, fast 90/90,APS Twin turbos LG upgraded turbos,cutout.80 pound injectors, RPM 4l80e ,yank py3400, dana 60, lonnies dual pump fuel system,zex direct port,ron davis rad,ais alc injection
    interceptor guages, eboost 2.

Other toys 91 race talon turbo awd, 97 talon awd turbo, 2008 Z06

So what is the deal no misfire in 3 bar SD? Does misfire depend on the maf?
    So now way to get this back in the future. Cmon guys I like my misfire data.
    99 TAWS6 ERL 427 superdeck,AFR 225, LS9 cam, 1.7 yella terras, fluiddampr, fast 90/90,APS Twin turbos LG upgraded turbos,cutout.80 pound injectors, RPM 4l80e ,yank py3400, dana 60, lonnies dual pump fuel system,zex direct port,ron davis rad,ais alc injection

Post the tune.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Why would I need to post the tune. Is misfire disabled when you go to speed density. Lots of you guys are running speed density so do any of you have misfire detection and if so how did you get it ?

You need to post the tune so we can verify there have been no changes to it that may have disabled it.....

Otherwise, good luck finding your issue.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    When you fail the maf sensor the pcm likely turns off misfire detection too.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Well some people have said misfire is disabled. One guy on another forum says he gets misfire with 1bar sd.
    I seem to only get zero counts of misfire on my car. I have mellow cam maybe should just pull a plug and see what it shows or would that work as a test.

I would think most of you guys that are running 2 and 3 bar already know if misfire works or not. If it don't then maybe there is a way to trick it so the maf is failed but still get misfire to work. It is very handy thing to have.One of best diagnostic features in obd2 cars.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    We don't disable misfires in our custom operating systems, however its very likely misfires are disabled when you fail the maf.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

So how do you test for misfires when running in speed density. I'm using 2 bar OS and mines don't work either. Are we just SOL?
    " '01 SS "

Whatever misfires don't work with the speed density systems. Here is what I did. I put my maf back on the car. I turned the maf back on. The car started up fine and ran the car at idle.I now had misfire detection.I checked them at idle and revved car in neutral
    to 3000rpm. No problems. My problems were only showing up under load and boost.
    I am not sure can drive the car with maf turned back on and with 3 bar in there still. Can anyone give an answer to this?Anyway even tried? I dont' want to go lean trying this under boost or fubar up my engine. I make big power not a good idea to experiment.

I was going to reflash back and put 1bar back in and reflash but also never got answer to the question do I do a write entire to put the 1bar and non sd tune back in and then another write entire again to put the 3bar sd back in? Or can I just flash them with write calibrate?

Also my original tune is lost by accident. Can I put in a stock tune from another 99 ?
    Will it let me and do I have to spend credits or something?

Misfire detection is handy for sure. A bit annoyed to lose it when going to speed density.
    I am starting to agree though with other people. Breaking up at high rpm under boost is almost always plugs or wires. Fouled plugs or too big a gap. Depending on your boost levels .025 to .030 range should fire pretty much anything unless you have bad coils.

And wires are very possible cause if they are burnt up or not on the plug or into the coil all the way. They may fire at idle but not under load and boost.
    Tuning is not usually the cause of misfring unless you are maybe stupid pig rich .

Advanced Tuner
    I haven't had a MAF on my car in over 2 years. In February of this year, I swapped from a T56 to a 4L80E, and was having lockup issues (it wouldn't unless I commanded it). I logged misfires, and low and behold it was keeping my converter from locking up. I run the 1bar custom SD OS for a 2000 model.

I think the misfire table works in 1bar SD, just not in 2 or 3 bar.
    " '01 SS "

Hmm so SLOW 67 is saying misfire works on his car? Is that right then slow67. I just went to get my current operating system blended to run 4l80 trans and was told my os is too old .
    So now wondering if maybe the newer os which slow 67 must have as he is using the 4l80 lets misfire work. As obviously it don't need the maf if it works in 1bar sd.

This would be awesome as think then would have real time tuning which shows optional on the new OS and if misfire works as well would be 100% happy camper.

So 100% for sure you misfires work slow67. so what did you have to do to make things work right then ? I am getting a py3400 yank stall and hope it works properly .

Anyone else with the newer os have misifre working for them on 2 or 3 bar?

Some update on this.I swapped to the 2002 operating system in my 99 TA. Misfire stilld didn't work but now I turn maf back on and even drove the car the other day not really going wot though. Car seemed to drive around ok. I was able to look at my misfires which to me is a good thing. Found some high readings on number 3 and swapped out wires.
    Misfire detection is handy! At least this workaround works for 2 and 3 bar guys.

Tuner
    ALB, did you find the answer, is misfire detection working in 3 bar OS?
    LS1 383ci 98' FBody, turboed, 00' PCM, 4L80E, 90# FIC injectors
    110ci Nissan 200SX, 25psi, 370whp