Thread: 2006 Duramax Tune

2006 Duramax Tune

Ok so my freind has a 2006 duramax with an edge programmer. he wants me to give him an hp tune to make it lope and smoke but he still wants to have multiple levels. is there any way i can make that happen?

Senior Tuner
    Loping is hard on things, not a good plan. If you want to write a tune to show off, but only at specific times and then take it out, thats up to you(still dont think is a good plan). Smoke is wasted fuel, no point, no power. Hp tuners does not offer a switchable tune setup. To change between tunes you have to reflash.

i told him about the fuel and lope but hay its his truck and his money so ill do what he wants. i thought that if i tuned the truck on the stock level that the edge programer would overwrite it to get the level 3.4.5

Senior Tuner
    Possibly, I have had mixed results with that. Different programmers do different things. Other then dpf and egr deletes I don't stack tuners, have had problems.

hay thanks for the advise. ur alot more useful than the guys on performancetrucks.net

Advanced Tuner
    I think what he means by making it lope might be adjusting the variable vains in the turbo to be more open during idle, so that the engine noise gets through the exhaust a bit easier. It's pointless, and will induce a little MORE lag at bottom end than it already has.

You can just go into the turbo vain tables and open them up off throttle.

As for smoking, like he said, big waste of $4.00/gallon. The idea is to have a powerful truck, but not get pulled over by the highway patrol.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by mecanicman View Post
    Possibly, I have had mixed results with that. Different programmers do different things. Other then dpf and egr deletes I don't stack tuners, have had problems.
    yeah, stacking tuners is a great way to end up with an invalid tune that can't verify itself and becomes inop.

Quote Originally Posted by PSYKOSTEVO View Post
    I think what he means by making it lope might be adjusting the variable vains in the turbo to be more open during idle, so that the engine noise gets through the exhaust a bit easier. It's pointless, and will induce a little MORE lag at bottom end than it already has.

You can just go into the turbo vain tables and open them up off throttle.

As for smoking, like he said, big waste of $4.00/gallon. The idea is to have a powerful truck, but not get pulled over by the highway patrol.
    Just out of curiosity, are you saying that opening the vanes will cause the truck to lope more? Or just **sound** better during the lope?
    Andrew

2006 Duramax ECSB - Banks Monster Dual Exhaust, Tie Rod Sleeves, Kennedy Twin Deluxe Lift Pumps, Edge Insight CTS with Pryo, EGR Blocker Plate, PVC Reroute, Suncoast Stage 5 trans with 1056 triple disk converter, Cognito Steering Braces, PPE Race Valve, LML driver side exhaust manifold, AFE Boost Tube, Stock Drop-in BatMoWheel, ProFab Performance 3" Downpipe, Other mods along the way, TUNED by ME... Way too much fun