Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Need a good VE tuning write up

yes i reset them every time i go for a log session.. the only other weird thing is i have the maf set to 0 but the ses light dosent come on... sometimes it will but not all the time i find this strange, it shows the dtc is pending mature and old or something like that in the scanner. i have tried taking specific numbers from each cell and putting them to where i want but it seems to make it much worse. i guess ill try using the long term trims as well as stft maybe? i even tried another round today ill get lots of 0-4 but then ill have a dozen or so light pinks ranging from positive 7 to 2 and when i try to fix that whole graph gets thrown off again its extremely frustrating i feel like im not doing something right or the computer is still trying to control the trims
    2011 2500hd WT all stock leveled 33 grabber at2 plow truck toy hauler... Learning to tune....

86 grand national stock motor, stock trans, te 44 turbo, splash of alky 25lbs of boost. Waiting to see the track.....

Potential Tuner
    what are your cell count minimums set to in your scanner? One thing that helped me was I set them to 35 or 50 for cruising logs and 5 or so for WOT runs. That helps reduce abnormal spikes that aren't consistent. Gives you a better average.

Once your LTFT are in between 0-10 you can disable them and start working strictly off STFT and AFR error %.

I have not Changed anything in the scanner it's set to default. That makes sense tho I get those spikes when the table is close. All I have been using to tune the gr table is STFT I have not done anything with the LTFT maybe I should try doing the LTFT and STFT average like rinkrat showed on page 2
    2011 2500hd WT all stock leveled 33 grabber at2 plow truck toy hauler... Learning to tune....

86 grand national stock motor, stock trans, te 44 turbo, splash of alky 25lbs of boost. Waiting to see the track.....

Thumbs down

Tried going after the ve tables again it's simply not gonna happen. The ve table looks like the rocky mountains numbers jump around still. Changed the minim cell counts in the scanner to 10 to get a better constant reading per cell hit very cell nicely and it won't settle down noticed kr too ive read everything i could find about the ve tables and I'm doing everything that needs to be done

Tuner in Training
    I've noticed on one truck I did that I'd have nice numbers -1 and -2. I would only copy/ paste special x by .5% the areas that were lean +5- +7 (2400 rpms and above on this truck) I'd change the ve table in the exact same area, go drive and the area I didn't touch on the ve table that was -1's that I didn't touch went to +3's?

Same issue for me. I would manually enter the numbers tht needed to be changed and the whole table would get thrown off. I have made the table close witha half dozen or so lean cells but when it's that close the table looks like the rocky mountains. Everyone that has a write up on it says after the third run it's pretty close and prett smooth so idk what's going on