Thread: PE Table

Tuner

PE Table

When adjusting your pe table, is it necessary to make it a smooth graph, in 2d mode? When viewing most tables, most have spikes going from one commanded afr to the next as it goes thru the rpm range. I need to richen my commanded afr, as my o2's are reading in the 860-870 range. I was just wondering how necessary it would be to make it a smooth transition, or, maybe it doesn't really matter in this case.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    generally your pe isnt going to sway horribly...and a piece of advice dont go by your stock O2's
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner
    I know, the stock o2's aren't the most trusted to be used. But...I have my wideband removed for the winter, and because of the wonderful weather/road conditions, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to drive it hard in the winter. I had to get on it hard to merge onto the intersdtate the other day, and noticed lots of pinging, and also, my o2's were reading in the 860-870 range on my scanmaster. Strange though, I heard pinging, but nothing showed up on the scanmaster for knoch retard. That's what is making me think to richen up my pe table a little bit.

Advanced Tuner
    I have the same issue, pinging but not KR, no matter where the timing is set for that range. My issue is, however, that i get it in and out of PE.

Chris
    2009 Silverado Crew Cab 5.3L, stock.

Senior Tuner
    The PE Table does not need to be smooth like the VE Table, it just makes transitions more unoticeable if you have a different AFR target from the lower RPM range to the higher RPM range. I have mine set to 13.1 on the lower side and transitioning to 12.85 above 5000 rpms. Mine is dead on! That is what you want, the PE to be dead on where you have the most power. I would rather lower the timing table the go over rich with the PE. And I would suggest that you not alter the PE without a wideband, the readings you get from the stock O2s have been shown not to give repeatable readings at WOT. So those .890 volts you are getting may not be what you think, it could be way lean ... causing knock. How far, who knows.

Tuner
    Hmmmm....ok, thanks for the tips. I actually richened the pe a bit, and it got rid of the pinging, but, like I said, I don't have my wideband hooked up for the winter, so I'll just try to take it easy. This is with FI, so I DEFINATELY don't like to hear detonation!

pulled the wideband out???
    I have been tuning in teh snow and slush and grime with my wideband in...have had it in and out of several cars this season..LOL
    -Scott -

Tuner
    c'mon, man! Don't make me feel like a dipshit!!! LOL Seriously, though, I have an LM1 that I was plugging into my cig lighter, and just got tired of doing it like that, plus, my bung was after the cats, so I wasn't getting a true reading. I've wanted to use the wideband sensor, and use the narrowband emulation in the correct o2 location, so I thought I'd just rearrange everything during the winter. And, with trying to line up work, and stuff, it just hasn't happened, yet. I noticed the pinging, and thought I'd give it little more fuel to keep it out of detonation. And, that seemed to work, so far.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    what are you commanding currently? Do you have cot turned off? Have you altered your VE or maf tables at all?

Tuner
    Currently commanding 11.2 from 2800-up, COT disabled. This summer, after I installed the 3.2 pulley, I richened up the ve by 5%, and then richened the ifr by 5% to bring my ltrims right into line. For the winter, I also changed from an Ariraid open element to an Outlaw enclosed box, to keep slush, and snow out of the filter. During the summer, with the open element, the tune was running fine, with my wideband reading 11.9-12.0 at wot.

Remember now....that's with a Radix making 10 pounds of boost

Tuner
    Bill, checking out my PE table this evening. I"m commanding 11.76 from 2800 to 3200, then comanding 11.57 on up. Is this the percentage "multiplyer" of how much fuel the pcm gives to stay at stoich?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    no its the multiplyer when you go into powerenrichment mode telling the computer to command 11.76:1 or 11.57:1 air fuel ratio. basically its a formula stoich/pe mult so ~14.7/1.13=~12.9

Tuner
    foff667, thanks, i knew how to figure it out, i just didn't understand what it meant.

Technically its a divider
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

o yeah dont screw with the ifr unless you change your injectors
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB