Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Basic tune for 2011 Sierra 5.3 w/o wide band

Quote Originally Posted by BADFNZ View Post
    I've made most of the changes you suggested and kind of tweaked them a bit myself. I don't want to be handcuffed to 91+ octane, so I toned the timing down a bit from your numbers.

The only thing I didn't tweak was the Torque Converter Stall Fuel Cutoff because I couldn't find that. What exactly does this do?

I'm also ready for TM changes if you have any suggestions.

Attached is my latest file. Thanks for the help.
    It makes it where you can run the stall up against it's flash point at WOT and launch the truck decently.

It's somewhere in the Trans TCC section.
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

Caterpillar 50 Forklift- Duramax swap

Senior Tuner
    Looks like GM left a lot on the table with the 5.3 engine/tranny. I just bought a new 2011 5.3 Silverado. I don't like voiding the warranty but sure itching to tune it.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    It makes it where you can run the stall up against it's flash point at WOT and launch the truck decently.

It's somewhere in the Trans TCC section.
    Do you have a screen shot of that one? I can't find it in the trans TCC section.

transmission, torque management, stall torque mgmt, enable RPM / disable RPM

Are you using 2.23?
    2000 Regal GS ~ 3.25 Pulley ~ Headers ~ 3"ex ~ 1.85 Rockers
    Sold 06 TBSS ~ Front Mount T88 ~ 0-30 in 1.17 ~ 0-60 in 3.0
    Wanted ~ Engine-less 95/Older 4x4 ~ Jeep/S-10/Ranger for TT Project

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gn2beatu View Post
    transmission, torque management, stall torque mgmt, enable RPM / disable RPM

Are you using 2.23?
    Oh yea! I just didn't follow IDRIVEAG8GT description.

Tuner in Training
    Attached is my most recent tune with some of the changes suggested here. I had to go a little richer on the PE table due to KR on the log.

The only TM changes I've made so far is the Max Tq tables and the Stall Enable numbers. Let me know what you guys think.

Also, one thing to note. When doing the WOT runs, the scanner was only showing 84% TPS. When looking at the PE Enable table, the values were all set to 87% (before I changed them). So does this mean my truck was never entering PE? Why is it only showing 84% at WOT?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BADFNZ View Post

Also, one thing to note. When doing the WOT runs, the scanner was only showing 84% TPS. When looking at the PE Enable table, the values were all set to 87% (before I changed them). So does this mean my truck was never entering PE? Why is it only showing 84% at WOT?

Anyone have an answer to this?

Tuner in Training
    Thanks a lot for the help so far everyone. I've done all of the engine tweaks and some trans tweaks (shift speeds [mph], max enable TM) but now I'm ready to adjust actual trans shift speeds, shift pressures, and any other trans parameters.

I'll attach my latest tune so if you guys could look it over and make any suggestions, specifically for the trans, I'd appreciate it. Thanks again!

Tuner
    bump - great thread
    2003 Silverado SS -6.0L - 4L65e - AWD
    2008 GMC Sierra CCSB - All stock
    2011 Chevy Traverse

when u tune low octane and high octane timing advance tables how does the computer know which one to use?
    am i supposed to only mess with the high octane settings im running 89 octane

Quote Originally Posted by IDRIVEAG8GT View Post
    Dumb people man. Just dumb people.

Ok well, I have a few different write-ups concerning trucks and truck performance.

They're balls rich from the factory. You're going to find most of your performance concerning AFR. Setting your PE to 1.180 across the board, and then setting enrichment rate to 1 is going to lend you a decent amount of power across the board.

Still, bottom end is pretty soggy. So, we've got two places to look. Torque converter stall fuel cutoff, and timing.

Max out the stall fuel cutoff, trans torque tables, etc.

Timing you can then start at about 12 degrees WOT at 1000 rpm, ten increase to the max FACTORY value.

More can be done, but that's strictly for performance gains.
    should the enrichment rate be 1.0 or .1

Quote Originally Posted by limitless View Post
    when u tune low octane and high octane timing advance tables how does the computer know which one to use?
    am i supposed to only mess with the high octane settings im running 89 octane
    should the enrichment rate be 1.0 or .1
    Set both High and Low the same.

and 1.0
    Gray Ghost- The abomination. 2007 Chevrolet Silverado CCSB. 98mm turbo, nitrous, 428LSX, Rossler 80E with a brake. Finally finished. 23 psi, no numbers, Slow as hell.

PBM G8- Aluminum 364, twin Precision 67/66 turbos, 6L90 trans swap, CTS-V/Vaporworx fuel system, slowly making progress.

Dads 2011 CTS-V- Stock bottom end, stock heads, LS9 cam, pullies, ported blower, ported TB, D3 goodies, and lots of nitrous.
    618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

sorry i didnt put this is on a 2006 5.3 z71 still the same correct?
    with catback and cold air intake
    thanks for the quick response

sorry i didnt put this is on a 2006 5.3 z71 still the same correct?
    with catback and cold air intake
    thanks for the quick response
    Same deal. Your welcome.

618/618 motor
    906/862 spray

at WOT im seeing 25-27 degrees timing on the stock tune and when im commanding 16 on the high octane tune and 11 in the low octane advance. why?

Advanced Tuner
    at WOT im seeing 25-27 degrees timing on the stock tune and when im commanding 16 on the high octane tune and 11 in the low octane advance. why?
    You need to post your tune and log file for us to see.