Thread: Opinion needed on file for TBSS turbo

Tuner in Training

Opinion needed on file for TBSS turbo

A customer has been having trouble with this truck for a while now. Truck is a 2008 Trailblazer SS with a built motor and a rear mount 76mm turbo. We are the transmission builder and aren't tuners. The customer has had 2 different transmission failures that we have repaired. Both times, we have given the customer suggestions on what he should change in the tune. The tuner has rejected our opinions and said it must just be the transmission. When we put a pressure gauge on the transmission, the line pressures are very sporadic and low. Using a Tech-II, we have driven it looking at calculated torque going to the TCM. At idle, it is negative and it peaks at 240. Please give us your input, so we can present this to our customer. Any help will be greatly appreciated. In the end, we just want the customer to have a good tune that will keep the truck and transmission happy.

Tuner in Training
    I would have some concerns about running this tune, and whats up with the timing/maf table? Where is the customer located?

Tuner in Training
    I have tuned more then my fair share of TBSS's there is more then one issue with the tune , but I would first 1/2 the cyl volume ... Just start all over and try a different tuner . That maf curve is a mess ? I have a couple of high 10 second awd tbss one with single midmount turbo using RPM level 7 no problems, The other maggie 2300 and rpm level 7 no issues there either ...

Tuner in Training
    tune is off.. injectors seemed off

I would download a stock 2008 tbss file from the repository and compare the two. There are a couple thing that stand out their to me. For some reason, they decrease some valves in the force motor current the wrong direction. They also lowered up shift pressure. They also completely took out torgue management in the 1-2 and 2-3 shift

What has been done to the trans, build wise?

What problems are you having?
    Last edited by jpracing01; 02-15-2012 at 06:43 PM.
    2008 Twin turbo TBSS, Precision 6766, 385 LS2, ID2000s

1- final airflow - base running airflow looks funny :\

2- MAF is not smooth

3- in dynamic airflow - high rpm disable and re-enable ,, i home expert guy explain it to me because the different is 1 ,, :\ i thought it should be 100 at leats :\
    ( if this is right explain it expert guys )

4- timing table ,, it can be better and smother

5- in the spark correction cant talk about right or wrong ( myself )

i might be wrong ,,

specialize in: V8 Tuning (Kuwait)
    Abdullah Al-najdi
    00965 99369929
    www.youtube.com/alnajdi83
    Tuners ! Quit Raping your PE TABLE !
    instagram : alnajdi83
    best number in 1/8 mile 4.54 ( My Driving + My Tune ) !

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the responses guys. We are just wanting the customer to know that there are issues with the tune. He is going to pick up the truck tomorrow and take to another tuner. At least he can look at these posts and see that others think there is a problem too.
    Thanks again!