Thread: Support for 2008+ Dodge Avenger 2.4L???

Potential Tuner

Support for 2008+ Dodge Avenger 2.4L???

Hello, I am apart of a few communities that focus on modifying the 2.4L Dodge Avenger...let me say 90% or greater 2.4L owners, which also includes the Caliber R/T have modified and continue to modify their cars. It would seem that the greatest hurdle to jump would be to tune the ECU to actually take advantage of these mods. I got turned away by a reputable speed shop because they have no handheld tuners available for my car. Is there support already for all of us 2.4L owners (a growing magnitude of ignored potential consumers for sure)? If not then please tell me there are plans for this in the future? I have on my 2008 Dodge Avenger SE (2.4L K motor) Pulstar Iridium capacitive spark plugs, an RRM Lightweight crank pulley, a K&N Cold Air Intake, a Magnaflow straight-flow muffler with resonator delete, a Mopar 170 degree thermostat (actually came in the car from the dealership), light-weight American Racing 18" rims with low-profile tires, and I have modified the crank case vent hose to a breather filter setup. I'd first like to be able to take advantage of my mods via the ECU, including shift points, throttle limits, torque limits, rev limits, timing, AFR, and the various other things that a tune can offer. Not only myself but ALOT of people have been waiting for a programmer or some means to tune our vehicles and whoever decides they want to make money and be first to market will find a couple of anxious groups of consumers waiting. Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    HAven't looked into it and we'll likely cover the V8 segment before looking into the I4's for the 07+ pcm's, if they happen to use the same pcm we might be able to support them on a case by case basis, but more than likely this is 1 or more years away from even being on the table at this point.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    HAven't looked into it and we'll likely cover the V8 segment before looking into the I4's for the 07+ pcm's, if they happen to use the same pcm we might be able to support them on a case by case basis, but more than likely this is 1 or more years away from even being on the table at this point.
    Thank you so much for your honesty. It's disappointing to hear but I appreciate your honesty and consideration. I guess I'll have to drop a few grand into a local speed shop just to see if I can get at least somebody to consider it and get something going for all the numerous 2.4L owners that have wanted for so long to be able to step up and make something their own. The call goes unanswered but I'm willing to take out a loan to make it happen, maybe I can get some kickback out of my effort or maybe not, but at least finally these cars will be made able to be fully modified before the demand has become old passed away and beyond critical mass. At least you didnt tell me that I shouldnt even try to tune my vehicle.