Thread: Map question.

Tuner in Training

Map question.

I have a 03 silverado ss 6.0, heads, cam, supercharged 8lbs. Anyways when i got the truck it had 38# injectors the were maxed at 120% dc, stock map, and every table in the tune was destroyed

Installed 60# injectors and bought a new cobalt ss map sensor. Well the map isn't reading about 105kpa like the 1bar. I dont know if i bought the wrong one or if i have to scale the scanner to read it or what. You guys have any info on this??

you need a 2bar sd os for it to work, its one of the custom os's you can apply

Tuner in Training
    Alright but then its SD only right?

correct. running significant boost would max out the stock maf anyway....so you can either do the 2bar, or buy an aftermarket maf. I prefer the 2bar method.

But if you stick with 8lbs you may be within the limits of the stock maf...it will be close though.

I Have A 2000 Camaro 5.7l And Was Running Sd With A 2 Bar Delphi Sensor With A P1s1 Procharger. This Ran Just Fine. Hope This Helps.
    2000 CamaroSS, ProCharger P1SC 8lbs boost,SLP Maf,Subframe,Adjustable torque Arm,MSD wires, ignition and coils,3.73 gears,eibach lowering springs, SLP Linelock, Hooker Headers, Flowmasters, Strange Shocks with Coilovers front Strange Shocks back, BMR front and rear swaybars with rear adjustable location brackets

Tuner in Training
    Sounds like what im gonna do. Any of you guys ever had any luck running that cobalt ss map sensor?? Im hoping this thing works out and i just have to worry about tuning it now. Thanks for all the help..