Thread: Efans coming on too soon? Any advice?

Tuner in Training

Efans coming on too soon? Any advice?

Hello friends,

I have a 98 ls1 4l60e computer in my 87 rx7 with a 04 lq4...

The electric fan is a big single wired to "fan 2" it's set to come on at 185f, I get the feeling it's worked before but I could be wrong and it could have always been coming on early.

I tested the car last night, 100f it fires the fan up... verified in hptuners..

Any advice for me guys? Could my OS or my tune be corrupt?

What role does the ac circuit play in relation to the efans? My car doesn't have AC but I have wired the wideband through the pintle position before, infact, I may have it wired through there right now, that's probably it, isn't it?

(wideband logging) can i change something to remedy the issue? It's not a huge deal as the car is almost always over 100f, lol... and hell, over 180f..but it would be cool to have extra amperage when driving around.

I can go verify this, but it could be wired through the EGR.

Ever type something and come up with the solution halfway through? lol.

If you could let me know if the ac pintle position plays a role in the fan circuit that would be great.

THANKS!

Tuner in Training
    it was definitely the wideband turning the fans on. when i'm not tuning i just unhook them

i wonder how i should set the AC settings so it doesn't do this at all? or is that possible?

it has turn on tps and turn on tps along with the rpm on and off..

any input?

Use the FAN #1 output for the single fan and you won't have any problems
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Tuner in Training
    oh yeah? I don't know why the previous owner decided to use output 2...THANKS MONTE !

Tuner in Training
    switched to fan 1 output, still turning fans on randomly... lol
    it wouldn't be a big deal but the lincoln mk8 fan is ridiculous lol i'vehad my temp drop to like 170f before... or never warm up, i actually had to shut the fan off in the tuning software to remedy this... a pita when you stop datalogging, lol

Are you hooking anything to the A/C pressure sensor input? (like a wideband).
    Does the car have A/C?
    Did you try going back to a stock tune and test?

Post your current tune, it may have an issue
    9 sec Montecarlo SS

Tuner in Training
    No air conditioning, yes, I am running the wideband in through there.

I'm assuming there is no work around for this as the ECU thinks that the ac thinks it's supposed to engage the compressor, correct?

Thanks!

When I log during tuning I'm just forcing the fan off and turning my bypass switch on.

I'll upload a tune later.

Yes, the PCM turns on the Fans when the A/C pressure is high to cool the gas and lower the pressure. It's a safety meassure.
    I have not used A/C for wideband in HPTuners because I have a Pro, but I have done it with LT1's and they behave like you describe.

There is no work around, but not an issue. Disable anything related to A/C, and start tuning. When finished change it back and the fans will work as expected.
    9 sec Montecarlo SS