Thread: Open loop idle is rich adj. min fuel milligrams

Tuner

Open loop idle is rich adj. min fuel milligrams

I am trying to help a friend tune his swapped turbo gen 3 camaro. He is running 80 pound injectors and the factory return fuel system with a referenced regulator. I entered proper data, and changed the min fuel milligarms value to .002. Can't seem to get the car to idle under 2.2ms without going into closed loop.

I haven't physically been there to tune the car, so it may be something really simple that's being overlooked. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Your min injector and offset are looking like they are around 1.7-1.8 ms combined, add the commanded fueling on top of that and there you are.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner
    That makes perfect sense. Sounds like my next step is to ask him to drop the min injector pulse and tweak the short pulse adders.

Just make sure it doesn't go too low to where you start to have injector misfires.

You also need to make sure the proper short pulse adder values are in there for that injector.
    Sulski Performance Tuning
    2000 WS6 M6 - LS6 (long block, refreshed top end), 10.8:1 CR, 90 mm ported FAST, Exo-Skel, 227/232 cam, QTP HVMC, EWP, GMMG, 9" w/4.11s
    2018 Sierra SLT 5.3L A8 - Airaid intake tube, GM Borla catback, L86 Intake/Ported TB

Tuner
    OK. Starting with the proper short pulse adder data I am going to extrapolate out beyond the acceptable min pulse value with the understanding that I will lose shot to shot accuracy . Logs I have received would show that the O2 sensors are right on the verge of switching at around 1.7mS(as you stated before this appears to be the min injector pulse floor + offset). So if I can just get a slight bit lower I should have bidirectional fuel control. Thanks! I think I have a complete understanding now.