Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: lnf maf calibration problems

got some problems with kr. every time i tried adjusting the spark tables by paste special subtract is just made it worse. first log is after several adjustments, second log is the stock intake max and exhaust max table posted in all 4 tables, current tune is for second log.

also, what causes the boost to go higher when i do a pull from 3rd than when i do a pull from 2-3?
    2008 Sky RL

i only really noticed knock on what looked like a first gear pull which wasnt too bad, maybe add some tip-in retard to handle that. I would try to make the boost spike less than 25-27psi and then raise the duty cycle up towards the top end some to hold boost longer.

There is more load on the engine in 3rd gear, as with 4th and 5th... so this causes the boost to go higher.

yeah i must not have looked at the know right, i thought it was a lot more than that. can hotter range spark plugs cause knock too?

still working on the boost spike using the duty cycle.

that makes sense about the load being more in a higher gear. ill have to test it but i thought that i was making more boost doing a 3rd gear pull only and making less boost in 3rd when making a 2-3 pull. mightve read my logs wrong or it might have to do with the load being less in 3rd gear during the 2-3 pull since it was accelerating vs a non accelerating pull from 3rd only. will test this out when i can.
    2008 Sky RL

hotter plugs than stock can cause knock but the stockers do pretty well from what i have read. and you are correct about there being less load on a 2-3 pull vs. a 3rd gear pull, plus the rpms will be higher when entering 3rd gear which will also affect the boost you see.

i just installed some ngk iridiums but i might see if i can get a step colder. i think theyre the same as stock but i couldnt tell you for sure. got them from sparkplugs.com.
    2008 Sky RL