Thread: Just changed to windows 7 and 2.23 beta having issues

Just changed to windows 7 and 2.23 beta having issues

Hey guys,
    Just changed to windows 7 professional and installed 2.23 beta.. ANYWAY I purchased 2 more credits for a car I'm tuning tomorrow.. Online it still shows my 36 credits but on VCM editor every time I try to view some of my old tune files its showing that I don't have a license for this file and asking me to view license options.. What happened here??

Also when I opened up the editor for the first time after the install this go round.. I entered the application key that came in my email after I just purchased 2 more credits.. Should I have entered my original app key that came with my HPtuners package?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Ping your interface or click show license options and the software will tell you something to the effect "you already have a license for this file"
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

ANother issue! Just plugged in interface and it failed to load driver software! I'm beginning to think I screwed up with windows 7 here!
    Where do I get driver software?
    Thanks for quick reply!!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)

Thanks Bill!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Ping your interface or click show license options and the software will tell you something to the effect "you already have a license for this file"
    How do I ping interface? Dang feel helpless here haha! I hooked it up after installing drivers and opened a tunefile and it popped up with the show license options menu.. I clicked on it and it wanted me to hook to vehicle..

NEVERMIND got it !

Thanks again Bill!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    There are multiple ways to ping the interface.
    1. clicking the connect button in the scanner
    2. clicking show license options when you have an unlicensed editor file open
    3. gathering a vcm suite infolog
    4. clicking the blue HP icon in the help-license info window

and probably 50 other ways but those are the most common.

Tuner in Training
    i had a bunch of problems getting the driver to load too. i went through the help section and did everything it said and it never would work. i had to manually make it do it somehow. it was a pita!

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigassogre View Post
    i had a bunch of problems getting the driver to load too. i went through the help section and did everything it said and it never would work. i had to manually make it do it somehow. it was a pita!
    Ive installed them on about 100anybody or so win 7 machines and have it down to under 2 mins. A little pain the fisrt time which is why i created. The demo.

Ya download the drivers, unzip them and save in a folder you can find.. GO to device manager and locate the interface.. then click on update drivers, and manually browse computer for the driver files and bam it works.. BUT still had to ping it once the drivers were installed..