Thread: High speed connection errors

Tuner in Training

High speed connection errors

Is anyone having problems in High Speed mode? I have had 3 cars so far back to back with this problem. 2001 Corvette,2002 Corvette and last night was a 2000 Camaro. The PCM voltages on all the cars ranged from 12.5 to 11.8 DC. Just wondering. And they were untouched cars with the stock VCM settings. No programmers used or anything of that nature. I look forward to this new cable. Im thinking it might be the keyspan but I dont have problems with other cars. This just started happeneing.

Joe M

Tuner
    Hi
    I had a similar problem.
    Suport at HPtuners have to date, after one week, not answered.

Anyhow, i discovered that my lap top don´t work properly for read or programing without the mains charger pluged in.

Your laptop battery might be suffering from age?
    Try to do your programing with the laptop charger attatched.

//tahoe

I had that problem with my keyspan for a while....
    replaced the serial cable between the keyspan and the HPT device and all is well now....
    bought a great cale at radio shack.... little long...but better wire than comes with the HPT stuff...and better shielding too...
    -Scott -

Tuner in Training
    My Laptop is new. Doesnt have any batt problems. Soundengineer do you mean replace the USB to USB cable? Please let me know. This is driving me crazy and making DL VCM'S like I am using LS1 edit

I mean replace the DB9 cable....
    I also replaced my usb that was going between my keyspan with a better one that I had at home...
    but what made the difference was the db9 replacement
    -Scott -

Tuner in Training
    Well what I will do is wait till my new cable comes. I was hoping for a software issue but since its a hardware issue Ill wait for my new cable since I am on the top of the list to get mine the 13th of this month. I appericate the help.

Joe M

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tahoe
    Hi
    I had a similar problem.
    Suport at HPtuners have to date, after one week, not answered.

Anyhow, i discovered that my lap top don´t work properly for read or programing without the mains charger pluged in.

Your laptop battery might be suffering from age?
    Try to do your programing with the laptop charger attatched.

//tahoe
    This is most likely due to the fact the laptop runs at a slower speed when on battery. Seeing as 2.0x requires a lot more processing power than 1.x, you may need to lower the serial TX/RX buffers.

What happens is Windows does not get to the serial buffer in time before it overflows. Setting them lower gives the machine more advance notice that data is there.

-Ken

Wow, saw this today when trying to backup my tune... I will change my battery settings and retest...
    Thanks,
    Luis

Quote Originally Posted by Ken@HPTuners
    This is most likely due to the fact the laptop runs at a slower speed when on battery. Seeing as 2.0x requires a lot more processing power than 1.x, you may need to lower the serial TX/RX buffers.

What happens is Windows does not get to the serial buffer in time before it overflows. Setting them lower gives the machine more advance notice that data is there.

-Ken
    2007 Blk/Titanium-two-tone Coupe, A6, F55, 3LT, NAV- Built 12/13/06. Delivered 1/12/2007!!

SOLD - 98 Black A4 Vert - Mods: Blackwing, LS6 Intake, 160T-Stat, TiExhaust, Z06 Swaybars, Baer Rotors, Y2K Polished wheels, & Vortech V2SQ 465rwhp/427rtrq