Thread: How to prepare for SD Tune?

How to prepare for SD Tune?

Hello Forum,

I'm still a bit confused about the "best practice" for a SD-Tune - not the Tune by itself.
    I have a 2000 Corvette C5 with Stock LS1, Blackwing Filter, Borla Stinger.
    Now it seems, there are several (at least 4?) Options:

1) Use the 2000 PCM in the way it is
    2) Use the 2000 PCM, plus 1 Bar SD upgrade
    3) Upgrade to the 2002 PCM OS
    4) Upgrade to 2002 plus 1 Bar SD upgrade

What is useful, what is senseless? And what gives the best options for my credits? The nightmare would be, to license the 2000 OS (already done), then use some credits for SD-Upgrade, and then realizing, that 2002 is far better, licensing again PLUS the SD Upgrade.

Another question: I downloaded a 2002 Stock Tune, and compared with my 2000 Stock tune. Quite different, some tables have completely different values.
    The MAF also changed from 2000 to 2002, AFAIK?
    So - do I just write the stock 2002 tune to my 2000 PCM, or do I copy some (which ones?) changes over? As an example, Speedometer/General/Pulse per Distance is 4000:7812.
    437 Parameters compared, 148 are different
    I guess I will have everything but an engine (dishwasher?), copying the untouched stock tune?
    Or is it the wrong way, starting with an OS update? Is it better to invest the credits, and use the 2000 Software (+ maybe 1 Bar SD upgrade)?

begging for enlightenment,
    Michael
    while(!asleep()) { sheep++; }

Look in the tune repository to find a 2000 model year tune.
    A few stock tunes.
    Once you license your vehicle, there should be no more fees just for tuning in SD.
    Use the search feature.

I did use the search function - that's where I saw, that you can use the advantages (?) of a 2002 OS in a 2000 PCM.
    The question is: Is it worthy, and which Option mentioned above might be the best?
    while(!asleep()) { sheep++; }

Sorry, misinterpeted question.