Thread: 2 Bar SD VE not making sense

Tuner in Training

2 Bar SD VE not making sense

Had the car running very well on MAF as long as I kept it less than 5300rpm where the MAF maxed causing the engine to run lean above that point.
    So I installed a 2bar MAP sensor and converted over to 2bar SD enhancement. The sensor is tracking perfectly fine with boost so it isn't a sensor issue.
    Once I got the ecm to enter SD mode the car would hardly run if at all. I had to keep adding and adding and adding to the VE table to get it to run. I'm at nearly 200% of my original VE table and the engine still wants another 60% fuel.

This doesn't make sense to me. The injector data is solid and as I mentioned, it ran very well before.

Anyone have any idea what is going on with this?

I have attached my old and new cal files. You will notice that I did some weird stuff with PE and VE so that I can run it on the MAF until I figure out what is going on. Also, I still have MAF error at 0hz, but changed over to No error reported to get the MAF back in the system. You will see the VE in the 2bar map is crazy high just to keep it running.

Setup:
    2005 CTS-V
    6.3L LS6 (4" stroke)
    9.5:1 compression
    Magnusen MP112 Supercharger with 2.8" pulley
    4.5 - 5 psi
    Kelford SS108A camshaft
    Stock ratio rockers

Car made 553ftlbs and 502whp on todays MAF based retune.
    Last edited by Maxwell Power; 11-26-2012 at 02:31 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    MAF dtc's are setup wrong, thats likely 99% of your issues right there. Start by fixing that.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    as I stated in my first post, I changed the dtc back to no error reported so I could run the car on maf again BECAUSE of this problem.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Thats not the way to run maf. Not to mention our speed density custom operating systems(such as this one) aren't meant to be run with a maf.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

post the actual tune you are running and a scan log showing the issue.
    I count sheep in hex...

It does sound like the MAF is not failing and you are not entering SD. P0103 needs to be set to MIL on first error. Are you seeing the P0103 set when you think you are in SD mode?
    Bill Winters

Former owner/builder/tuner of the FarmVette
    Out of the LSx tuning game

Potential Tuner
    I am having similar issues what exactly should the dtc settings be, and should I have physically removed the MAF?

You should leave the MAF in place if it has the IAT sensor built into it, unless you have wired up an IAT sensor into the MAF plug.

If the MAF is in place you should set MAF Fail High Freq to 0 and P0103 to either 0 or 2 and set the SES to disable.

If you removed the MAF completely just make sure P0102 is set to 0 or 2 and the SES disabled.
    I count sheep in hex...