Thread: 2003 Lesabre L36 - Daily driver tuning....Need some pointers

Tuner in Training

2003 Lesabre L36 - Daily driver tuning....Need some pointers

Hey guys.

I recently bought HPT to fix some annoyances on the 6L90 in my HD.

With that taken care of im thinking about playing with the tune on my DD 2003 Lesabre.

Its just my eco. commuter, but id like to firm the trans up quite a bit, and perhaps clean up the tune and see if I can squeak some mileage out of it. Extra power would be great too, but id like to keep it an 87 car.

Ive done some searching and tuning info for the 4T65 trans is vague, and theres not a lot of L36 stuff either.

Some trans questions...
    -Can this converter be on/off versus PWM/slipping?
    -What are safe as far as shift speeds? I like the feel of about a .2 sec shift.
    -Safe pressure numbers?
    -how do they take to no TM?

Engine question...
    -Mileage better with or without EGR?

I don't want to tank the reliability here either.

Anybody have any pointers on this one? Good starting points?

Thanks in advance!

Ryan

Tuner in Training
    I am no an expert with transmission tuning, so I am not going to step in on that. However it has been proven that deleting your egr is bad for MPG by 1-2mpg.

I tend not to do much with the trans personally.

But if you want to quicken the shift speed a tad, I don't see a problem there.

I would not take away all TM, as that does help with other parts of computers thinking with timing and KR at WOT.

Maybe a slight reduction wouldn't hurt, I would go more than 30-40%.

The EGR thing is up to you. I have headers with no cat or EGR on my GTP, I've gotten better fuel economy on the freeway without both of those because of how I changed my tune.

I went back and added timing to the "cruise" cells because I removed the EGR, and my car being a 2000 does not have a cat diag like 01+ GM FWD 3.8's, so I didn't have to deal with that either.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.