Thread: Learning to use the scanner. Min/Max values???

Tuner

Learning to use the scanner. Min/Max values???

I am trying to find a way to show the minimum and/or maximum values on the table in the scanner without scrolling through the Chart Display?

I have been searching the help files and haven't seen anything but I have a feeling its pretty obvious.

Anyone have any idea?
    2002 1500HD Cast Iron 6.0, ISKY Cam 218/218 110 lsa, Pace Setter LT's, and some other goodies too...

Histrogram's have buttons to show
    + /high value
    -- /low value
    A /average
    L /last
    C /count
    not sure this is what you're looking for, but if you can create a histrogram for what info you are looking for that might be the answer.

Tuner
    This is on the right track.
    But I'm thinking simpler than this.
    For example:
    I want to see the shortest injector pulse width in a given log.
    I could just go through the chart and look for the sport where the line dips the lowest but what if I miss it?
    I looked at creating a histogram but what do I plot PW against?

Quote Originally Posted by Ecotec2.4 View Post
    Histrogram's have buttons to show
    + /high value
    -- /low value
    A /average
    L /last
    C /count
    not sure this is what you're looking for, but if you can create a histrogram for what info you are looking for that might be the answer.
    2002 1500HD Cast Iron 6.0, ISKY Cam 218/218 110 lsa, Pace Setter LT's, and some other goodies too...

Tuner
    Just to try something I plotted PW against cylinder airmass and got one cell on the histogram.
    It populates with the pulse width data.
    I didn't realize however that the lowest pulse width would be before the engine was started.... Duh....
    Maybe I could filter the data in the histo for anything above a certain RPM.
    That would make sure I am only looking at pulse widths while the engine is running.

Is there a way to see a list of the data in the table?

Tuner
    Ok I filtered out anything below 500 RPM so I can get a better idea of what I am looking for.
    I wonder if its possible to filter so the histogram ignores everything until so many seconds into the log?
    Or a certain number of frames from the beginning? Or the end?

Tuner
    I just read something about this in the feature requests thread.
    Sounds like im not the only one wondering.